Server selection: Server with less assigned memory

Dennis

Hi,

I think a great feature would be the to make the billing API chose the server with the least amount of assigned memory. We're mainly hosting Minecraft, and constantly having to calculate how much assigned RAM we have for each server can be a pain in the ass.

It would be nice if we could input how much memory a dedicated server has.

Here's an example:

Server 1 has 32GB of RAM with 15GB assigned.

Server 2 has 64GB of RAM with 15GB assigned.

When a client buys a new server, his server will be placed on Server 2, because this is the server with the least percentage assigned.

I don't know if my english is understandable... I've been sick for almost a week now with constant headache. Tell me if I should explain the idea in details :)

• 4 years later...
Hi,

I think a great feature would be the to make the billing API chose the server with the least amount of assigned memory. We're mainly hosting Minecraft, and constantly having to calculate how much assigned RAM we have for each server can be a pain in the ass.

Here's an example:

When a client buys a new server, his server will be placed on Server 2, because this is the server with the least percentage assigned.

I don't know if my english is understandable... I've been sick for almost a week now with constant headache. Tell me if I should explain the idea in details :)

Have you found a solution?

Hi,

Here's an example:

Why don't I add a big bang to this idea and make it better for everyone?

What about LOAD balancing? For instance the panel would do such as but not limited to...

Scan the fleet for current loads on certain hardware utilization CPU, RAM, IOPS, IO, etc and then convert them to % usage for each of those node.

Next those data are then polled for a specified amount of time (Over a day, week, month, etc)

Then there would be a mean to tell the panel what you want, for example do you want to warn admins via emails, pagers (do people still use them lol?), and/or etc? Or do you want the highest disproportional game server (based on slot/RAM/etc allocations) to be restarted/shut down? And/or do you want the "nuclear option" to be a thing and the gives the customer(s) that uses the "world" the "axe" when he/she only paid you $5 all automatically?

Other than those options to let's say "moderate" the nodes, what about dealing with upgrades/downgrades? There should be able to be have this automated (upgraded customers going onto better nodes while downgraded customers going to smaller/more dense nodes).

And the list goes on right? :)