Scripts not passing variables

Kleston

I have the following script set up as a custom icon for the user to execute to update the config file.

#!/bin/bash

sed -i 's/name="ServerPort"\s*value=".*"/name="ServerPort" value="%ThisService_GamePort%"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="ServerMaxPlayerCount"\s*value=".*"/name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" value="%ThisService_Slots%"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="ControlPanelPort"\s*value=".*"/name="ControlPanelPort" value="%ThisService_RConPort%"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="TelnetPort"\s*value=".*"/name="TelnetPort" value="%ThisService_QueryPort%"/g' serverconfig.xml;

Unfortunately when it's run, it does not pass the variable results, just the variable name. Has anyone else come across this issue?

You're using the Windows variables. You need to use the ones for Linux.

#!/bin/bash

sed -i 's/name="ServerPort"\s*value=".*"/name="ServerPort" value="${ThisService_GamePort}"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="ServerMaxPlayerCount"\s*value=".*"/name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" value="${ThisService_Slots}"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="ControlPanelPort"\s*value=".*"/name="ControlPanelPort" value="${ThisService_RConPort}"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="TelnetPort"\s*value=".*"/name="TelnetPort" value="${ThisService_QueryPort}"/g' serverconfig.xml;

Yea I pasted the wrong copy initially in here. I do have linux variables but it still just passes the variable phrase rather than the actual service variable. If i throw in an echo to print the variable the echo works, it's just not passing with the script to the file.

Ahh, problem solved, i had to quote the variable so it's outside of the sed call.

#!/bin/bash

sed -i 's/name="ServerPort"\s*value=".*"/name="ServerPort" value="'${ThisService_GamePort}'"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="ServerMaxPlayerCount"\s*value=".*"/name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" value="'${ThisService_Slots}'"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="ControlPanelPort"\s*value=".*"/name="ControlPanelPort" value="'${ThisService_QueryPort}'"/g' serverconfig.xml;

sed -i 's/name="TelnetPort"\s*value=".*"/name="TelnetPort" value="'${ThisService_RConPort}'"/g' serverconfig.xml;