SteamCMD Issues.

Kenrin

So, after my last post of having no success with CentOS 7. I switched over to Ubuntu 12.04. There was a few bugs to work out with the TCadmin Template for Gmod but I'm still getting errors when I try to update a server.

From what I have been reading it is due to a permissions issue. Even if I try to 777 all the TCadmin directories (I know I shouldn't but I just want it to work) Tcadmin defaults back to the standard permissions. Any ideas?

Initializing Steam...
Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API.../home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (2990) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (2990) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (3118) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
OK.
[1m@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1
[0m"@ShutdownOnFailedCommand" = "1"
[0m[1m@NoPromptForPassword *****
[0m"@NoPromptForPassword *****
[0m[1mlogin anonymous
[0m
Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for license info...OK
[1mforce_install_dir ""
[0m/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (3118) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
[1mapp_update 4020 validate
[0m/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (937) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write app state file 95dc1092d96c4c739cd0e2f24c3308c32147879a/appmanifest_4020.acf
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (937) : Assertion Failed: Failed to write app state file 95dc1092d96c4c739cd0e2f24c3308c32147879a/appmanifest_4020.acf
Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Error! App '4020' state is 0x1 after update job.

/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/configstore.cpp (1295) : Assertion Failed: Saving local config store failed during shutdown
The process has completed.
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/configstore.cpp (101) : Assertion Failed: ConfigStore (InstallConfigStore) is dirty, and being destroyed, we're discarding data

I installed the lib32gcc1 and the ia32-libs.

I even replaced steamcmd that came with tcadmin with a fresh one after deleting the directory.

Is there some automation script that would cause these errors?

-edit : I didn't mention this before, but the garrysmod template is completely not up to date. it still has the -beta flag listed but I'm sure I fixed all of that mess.

I'm still getting the buildbot discarding data things but it finally said app state 4020 updated!

For some reason the users directory was owned by root and not by tcagame...

I think it had to do with the templates I had to completely re-do.

Now I have to wait on my Devs to upload their files and verify if the server actually works

So I did not fix it, this is driving me crazy. I never had these issues on CentOS.

Can anyone running a Debian based system let me know what permissions are running on /home/tcagame + subfolders

Apparently RWX permissions to tcagame aren't enough.

• 7 months later...

I just realized I never did update this with the solution. I might as well if anyone decides to search this post.

You have to set the steam update to execute as the services user, not as tcagame. There is a little checkbox I missed when setting up a few templates. I knew it had to be a dumb error but I had to contact tcadmin support to figure it out.

Cheers,