Project Zomboid Config [Windows]

slenky

Hi guys!

I saw a post here asking for a working config, so I decided to share my Project Zomboid config with community.

Everything is implementded except port expression for players (any suggestions?):

• Autocreating bat file
  • Custom scripts
  • Configuration files
  • Web-console
  • Savefiles are stored in server folder
  • Commandline with configurable variables
  • Public/Private server

ToDO:

• You can request any changes :grin:

Notes:

RCON is working, but I disabled it because Webconsole working nicely. You can enable it just by writing RCON port in config.

Donate:

I am very grateful to you for wanting to donate, but my country can't even provide paypal payments. :confused: I have a Skrill account, so pm me if you want.

Also, I'm looking for some temporary job. (linkable)

Have fun! :cool

PZ - Windows.xml

Edited by slenky

config looks really good, thank you very much slenky

just dont know how to connect to server I have created

game is running, ports are open...

maybe something weird with steam ports or something

does it starting normally?

any errors ingame?

maybe I am wrong ( I bet I am)

if I run the game with pzserver.bat it doesnt show anything in steam server browser

if I run the game with StartServer64 directly ( it shows steam enabled ) still not showing anything in steam server browser

check "public" variable in servertest.ini file

• 5 years later...

I have some issues about starting, any update? (Windows Version) 

SOLVED: use this default launch parameter

![Steam] -Dzomboid.znetlog=1 -Duser.home=$[Service.RootDirectory] -Xms![Xms]m -Xmx![Xmx]m -Djava.library.path=natives/;. -cp java/jinput.jar;java/lwjgl.jar;java/lwjgl_util.jar;java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar;java/trove-3.0.3.jar;java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;java/javacord-2.0.17-shaded.jar;java/guava-23.0.jar;java/ zombie.network.GameServer -ip $[Service.IpAddress] -port $[Service.GamePort]

and pzserver.bat will be look like this:

@setlocal enableextensions 
@cd /d "server/directory" 
".\jre64\bin\java.exe" %* 
PAUSE

I fix some things, i attach the fixed config, if you can update will be nice! 

PZ - Windows.xml

Edited by fcke123
Solve some problems

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 4:29 AM, fcke123 said:

I have some issues about starting, any update? (Windows Version) 

SOLVED: use this default launch parameter

![Steam] -Dzomboid.znetlog=1 -Duser.home=$[Service.RootDirectory] -Xms![Xms]m -Xmx![Xmx]m -Djava.library.path=natives/;. -cp java/jinput.jar;java/lwjgl.jar;java/lwjgl_util.jar;java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar;java/trove-3.0.3.jar;java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;java/javacord-2.0.17-shaded.jar;java/guava-23.0.jar;java/ zombie.network.GameServer -ip $[Service.IpAddress] -port $[Service.GamePort]

and pzserver.bat will be look like this:

@cd /d "server/directory" 
PAUSE

I fix some things, i attach the fixed config, if you can update will be nice! 

PZ - Windows.xml 47.97 kB · 11 downloads

When i try to start the server i get the >PAUSE in webconsole and nothing happens but if i start the server with StartServer64.bat it works but then query failure and server keeps rebooting for awhile. Any help would be much appreciated.

I keep getting Query Failure even though all ports needed are open.

Edited by TopSniper7

Fixed my issue had to change query protocol to half life new (utf8) from "half life new" so tcadmin wouldnt crash it

and the pzserver.bat i had to copy and paste: 

@cd /d "server/directory"  <---put your directory to the game folder
PAUSE

then put a min on 1gb of memory before it even started with the pzserver.bat it wouldn't work with have 2gb for min and max, but then afterwards it let me start it with 6gb min and 6gb max so it fixes itself after first launch, hopefully someone with good config skills can fix and update one for ease of use thanks 🙂

Edited by TopSniper7

Updated fcke123 config update he posted. Workshop mods works installing id number but not yet modID name

Any issues let me know, (credits also again to Dennis for original script(s))

You can use workshop installer but:

YOU NEED TO MANUALLY ENTER THE ModID NAME FROM WORKSHOP. Place it in your .ini on Mods= line. Separate with ; if more than 1 mod

Workshop ID: 2684285534
Mod ID: SpnCloth   <-----

And it looks like the beta version only works on server 2019 upwards with the 64 bit version.

You need to manually adjust the commandline to win32 and jre64 to jre in the pzserver.bat.

PZB - Windows.xml

Edited by jungleNZ

Since they have since removed the Beta Patch i have fixed my previous posted version and updated the java commandlines. 

As stated above this only works on winserv 2019 with latest versions of java.

I've not checked but this may be almost identical to jungle's Config.

The batch files are setup to install all user files within their own userfolder instead of the appdata

should work without issues as intended.

PZ - Windows.xml

Hi all,

hmm for me the pzserver.bat is missing within TCAdmin and the Downloaded Steam Directorys, am i right that i have to create the pzserver.bat myself or is something actually missing in my configuration / GameConfig Download? 

cheers and merry christmas to ya all 😉

On 12/19/2021 at 10:34 PM, jungleNZ said:

Updated fcke123 config update he posted. Workshop mods works installing id number but not yet modID name

Any issues let me know, (credits also again to Dennis for original script(s))

You can use workshop installer but:

YOU NEED TO MANUALLY ENTER THE ModID NAME FROM WORKSHOP. Place it in your .ini on Mods= line. Separate with ; if more than 1 mod

Workshop ID: 2684285534
Mod ID: SpnCloth   <-----

And it looks like the beta version only works on server 2019 upwards with the 64 bit version.

You need to manually adjust the commandline to win32 and jre64 to jre in the pzserver.bat.

PZB - Windows.xml 59.74 kB · 11 downloads

That'll be why it don't work for me, changed the bat scripts to jre, when you say convert the command line to win32. What is it I'm changing, any chance you can give me an example please.

4 hours ago, Khurune said:

That'll be why it don't work for me, changed the bat scripts to jre, when you say convert the command line to win32. What is it I'm changing, any chance you can give me an example please.

32 bit is if you do not have server 2019 upwards. jre64 needs to be adjusted to jre (or jre32). My config should already be set for 32bit. It also has script for workshop mods although you have to manually put in modID in configuration file.

41 minutes ago, jungleNZ said:

32 bit is if you do not have server 2019 upwards. jre64 needs to be adjusted to jre (or jre32). My config should already be set for 32bit. It also has script for workshop mods although you have to manually put in modID in configuration file.

Cheers for the info, will have to have a good look see why it won't start currently.