Changing the Master server

eirsik

Hi all!

I have a question about changing the master server.

Today I have a didcated server and im about to change to a new server.

What is the easiest way to move the master to a new server?

I read the guide on the FAQ page but that was for TCAdmin v1 on Windows.

Im on CentOs.

Could I just install brand new Master on the new server and add the remotes to that server? (The master currently have no services installer or running, they are all on the remotes.)

Thank you for your time!

Easiest way would be to install TCAdmin on the new master server (and install it as Master). Go to the Master server settings in TCAdmin and change the relevant info (IP, paths for files, Fast Download etc.) and restart.

Shouldn't require much else.

Since this is a recent topic, and almost exactly what i need, a question. What if the master server HAS services running on it? Does the 'repair' tool within tcadmin re-setup system users ( on a linux box, every 10 services it makes the new user ).. ie: can I simply copy over all those home directories and import the db?

What if the master server HAS services running on it? Does the 'repair' tool within tcadmin re-setup system users

Yes.

Create a backup of all the tcagame* folders (tcagame and tcagame_svc) and import it on the new server. Run the 'Verify/repair' tool.

Archived