any way to install on ubuntu 14.04+

Tanoshi

Hello.. me and a few of my close college friends and project partners have teamed to start a new webhosting company and we are looking to add linux servers into our hosting as its a little less to manage against windows since windows has to have daily updates etc... but we have ran into many problems installing games and such on debain wheezy and centos6 etc that is all fixed in ubuntu 14.04 and such maybe its us as we are just now learning linux and as a project in school we took this on and we are having many troubles and are looking for help in this...

The problem with Debian Wheezy and CentOS 6 is that the GLIBC version required for many games are either 2.15 or 2.19 or above, and as far as I remember, those to distros use a earlier version. Debian Jessie has the minimum requirements.

You should be able to use Ubuntu 14.04. I think we did that on our first server.

we used debain jessie trying to get it to work but we kept having schedutils not found problems with it and as we are very new to linux we had no idea what to do we looking around a bit couldnt find anything that worked for us

Windows only puts out updates during the second week of each month, unless it is a critical patch.

If you don't know how to use Linux, how are you going to support your customers when they have an issue?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm using 14.04 (working on 16.04), and there's a few things you'll need before trying to install TCAdmin v2 (assuming root).

ia32-libs from Raring:

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d;echo "deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main restricted universe multiverse" >ia32-libs-raring.list;apt-get update
apt-get install ia32-libs

A custom Mono:

apt-get update;wget http://www.tcadmin.com/installer/mono-2.11.4-x86_64.ubu.deb;dpkg -i mono-2.11.4-x86_64.ubu.deb;apt-get -y --force-yes -f install;/opt/mono-2.11.4/bin/mono --aot -O=all /opt/mono-2.11.4/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll;for i in /opt/mono-2.11.4/lib/mono/gac/*/*/*.dll; do /opt/mono-2.11.4/bin/mono --aot -O=all $i; done

A few random dependencies:

apt-get install g++ bzip2 libpcap0.8 lsof

From there you can install the .deb from the wiki and everything should be golden.