rust setup error

nodefrag

Hello,

I'm having issues figuring how why tcadmin is giving the error

Error - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Is this giving an error for the master server or the remote server? I'm installing rust on my remote server and I have remote database enabled.

Is rust going to rust going to need a mysql database on the remote server as well?

If you have rust on a remote server and the mysql on your master server.

root@localhost is never going to work.

root@localhost literally means only localhost can access your root account.

Localhost being the master. So you'll need to use different mysql accounts for that.

This was my bad. TCAdmin doesn't export the 'Template Settings', and he got the Rust config from me. On my end, I had had Rust Linux read custom scripts from the Windows config. Once we loaded the config on his end, the custom scripts would have been 'copied' over to the Linux config because the config had been setup to use the Windows one as template (and my guess is that TCAdmin creates a copy of the stuff that it's supposed to use as a template to be used with the new config). Long story short; a script that creates a database tried to connect to MySQL using credentials that were incorrect because they were mine.

Dennis - I'd PM you but I believe the functionality is disabled?

Do you have a Rust template that will work on CentOS? Paid if necessary.

No I honestly don't believe that one is available anywhere on this forum for CentOS, only Debian.

I'm very surprised that no-one has released a supported template for Rust Linux yet.

Best Regards,

Lee.

Dennis - I'd PM you but I believe the functionality is disabled?

Do you have a Rust template that will work on CentOS? Paid if necessary.

No I honestly don't believe that one is available anywhere on this forum for CentOS, only Debian.

I'm very surprised that no-one has released a supported template for Rust Linux yet.

Best Regards,

Lee.

He might not be here for that anymore:

http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?t=12170