Cs 1.6 doesnt boost

mystycs

I setup a cs 1.6 server. I have source booster running For my source servers. Windows media player, and macromedia.com, I put <div class="pre"><pre>-sys_ticrate 100 +fps_max</pre></div> in the command line, But my server is not running as boosted.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

The boosting guide a made in the Support KB section was simply taken from various sources around the inet. I cannot verify that it works or not.

Personally, in the past we have used a booster program in conjuction with metamod, that seems to work.

I have attached a zip file to this post with the contents of said booster.

It has a readme included, which explains how to set it up, and the variables involved. You of course will also need to install metamod before installing this. http://www.metamod.org

If I recall correctly, you still need to have WMP open on the desktop of the server, or another system timer altering program.

Booster.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 60kb exe file that increases windows timers so that the server can be boosted. Metamod uses much more resources, and is simply a waste. This way you can also set the ticrate and fps max in your command line. I would be willing to write up a guide and have the file available for download if there is enough interest in this. Let me know

Regards, Brad

For HLDS putting the commnds in the commandline does not work, which is why the KB article was updated. Commandline variables for boosting will only work with SRCDS.exe.

So the KB article should be correct now for HLDS, and does not require the Metmod booster, although you can still use that method if you choose.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo steam servers guy, I noticed you were setting your sys_ticrate to 100, in Half-Life (HLDS) sys_ticrate limits the server fps, so set the sys_ticrate to 400 if you want 250 fps and 600 or 1000 if you want 500 fps. FPS Max only controls the FPS in source games (SRCDS), I've heard rumors setting the fps_max to 600 can reduce choke in HLDS though?

Hey man to see your server tickrate you need to JOIN the server and type this in your console:

net_graph 3

You will see a graph at the bottom of your screen,

There will be an IN and an OUT, I believe whatever the IN is, is your server tickrate.

Make sure you have these commands set in your console of you wont be able to achieve 100 tickrate (All players who want 100 tickrate need these settings)

cl_updaterate 101

cl_cmdrate 101

Enjoy :)

By the way, this is for Source only not HL!

Archived