TCAdmin file structure

Avocent

I would like to get the file strucuture explain all over.

I have always had unzipped game folders with the necessary TCA.xxxx folders in each game folder.

I have recently decided to use a master ftp to hold the gameinstallation files. I tried to ZIP the entire folder (incl ALL subfolders). That works when it comes to game installs, but NOT mod/maps/patch installs. I then tried to zip the entire contents in each game folder, except the mod/maps/patch folders - but the install only copied the zip over and never extracted it on the game server in question.

Can someone please explain how i need to zip and the folder structure i need to use, please?

If you are using compressed files such as .zip or .rar you will need to take the contents of each game folder and create a compressed file named after the game folder.

Example: If you currently have Counterstrike in C:\GameInstalls\CS, take the files within the /CS folder (not including the CS folder) and create a compressed file called CS.zip. This file is placed in the top level GameInstalls directory of C:\GameInstalls. Do not put it in the game folder /CS

For maps, mods, and patches, there are three subfolders which need to be within the game's folder. These folders are:

Mods = TCA.Mods

Maps = TCA.Maps

Patches = TCA.Patches

You would then place the compressed files within its corresponding folder.

Archived