One click install for Steam Mods?

Deimos

you can use Steam cmd to download workshop mods/addons.

But with ark ya just put then mod id into the config file and the server will auto download the mod and keep it updated.

Does this actually work with SteamCMD now? It's been almost a year since I checked but last I knew SteamCMD would download compressed mod files that could not be used on the server.

I made a tool to work around this back then: https://github.com/barrycarey/Ark_Mod_Downloader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i solved this with a simple batch file:

D:\00_Steam_CMD\steamcmd.exe +login %ThisService_SteamID% %ThisService_SteamPW% +force_install_dir %ThisService_RootDirectory% +workshop_download_item 107410 %ThisService_modID% +quit
move %ThisService_RootDirectory%\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\%ThisService_modID% %ThisService_RootDirectory%\%ThisService_ModName%

i use move becaus ethe mod is saved in a subfolder only with the steam id.

But i have two questions:

1. Is it possible to use it with steam guard too?

2. i want to add these mods automatic to the command line, in command line i have the part: -mod=![mod]

it wold be nice to have something like ![mod]==![mod]+![ModName]

• 6 months later...

thi is my script i use works perfect on Arma you type in the ID and name of the Mod it htemn doenloads the mos and symlinks to the mod directory

you need to reate the vaiables you need and also check prompt for varibles when creating

@Echo
"%TCAdminFolder%\Monitor\Tools\SteamCmd\steamcmd.exe" +login Username Password +force_install_dir C:\ +"workshop_download_item 107410 %ThisService_modnumber%" validate +quit

@Echo
SET "ServerPath=%ThisService_RootDirectory%"
::
::
::Mod Name
MKLINK /D %ThisService_modname% C:\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\%ThisService_modnumber%