Multiple IP Addresses on Same NIC

fjamieson

With the current limitations of Conan Exiles, I am looking into adding a second IP address to a Remote Server. I know Windows will allow up to 4 IP Addresses on the same physical NIC port (MAC Address).

My questions are:

1) Has anyone done this and what issues have you run into? (with any game)

2) Once added to the NIC, everything I have read says, go to the server in the control panel and Import the v4 address add in the Public/Hostname IP address and check Public. Will TCadmin still use the Original/Primary IP address for Master/Remote communication?

3) Is there anything that needs to be done on the Master as far as config changes?

4) If I cannot get any more Public IPv4 addresses, has anyone had issues with assigning a public IPv6 address to the Remote internal IPv4 IP address?

Thanks in advance for comments/help.

As long as you can set the IP in the gameserver, like +ip or -multihome parameters.

More than one IP will work fine.

Any program/service that can't or does not have an IP set, will use the primary IP address set on the NIC.

Master doesn't care luckily.

Just be sure to add them to the server in the control panel. There you can also set if they should be used on new game/voice servers.