Workshop items

I would love to see an option for tcadmin server owners can setup all the mods available to the client, but where all clients share 1 copy of the mod using symbolic junction.

So if a client clicks on the mods icon, they are given a list of mods that are enabled by master/remote server owner. then they can checkmark or ctrl click in a multiple select box. this then adds them into their commandline.

right now i have batch files to do this:

"c:\pathto\steamcmd.exe" +login %username% %password% +set_steam_guard_code %sgc% +force_install_dir C:\ +"workshop_download_item %gameID% %workshopid%" validate +quit

then it will download into

C:\pathto\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\workshopid

then I use symbolic Junction Link

@Echo Off

SET "ServerPath=%ThisService_RootDirectory%"

::

::

::Mod Name

MKLINK /J %ServerPath%@modname C:\pathto\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\workshopid

and it places the @modname into the root of the players account.

I have restrictions set so the person cannot change/delete the folders via file manager/ftp.

this saves space on the server so not every account has to use their own copy of the mod.

hope this makes sense.

• 1 year later...