Default Custom Commandline

Dennis

http://help.tcadmin.com/Commandlines

Default Custom Commandline The commandline used when building a custom commandline. Use the User Commandline variable to specify where the user's custom commandline will be inserted. You may use default and custom variables.

Does anyone know exactly what this mean? I'm curious as I've never done anything with the 'User Commandline' variable, and I'd like to know if there's anything that can be done with this.

This would be a base commandline to start the game.

The "User Commandline' variable" can be added to this commandline. You can them setup commandline variables that users have access to and allow them to create a new commandline based off of the default one, and the commands you allow them to change.

A couple of good examples of what you can do with this feature.

1. Allow the customer to create a new commandline with a different starting map of their choice.

2. Allow client to call a different mod in the commandline.

User variables are added to the default commandline so you can keep it secure from people running anything they want.

I'm not sure I understand this...

Let's say I've created 3 variables for my game: workshopstartmap, authkey and tickrate.

I've always done the following for custom commandline 'templates':

-game csgo -console -maxplayers_override $[service.Slots] +exec server.cfg -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] ![tickrate] ![authkey] ![workshopstartmap].

Instead of adding the three custom variables, I could just add $[service.UserCommandLine]? Or how am I supposed to do this? :p

I have a very good understanding of how commandlines and variables work, but I've just never seen this specific variable.

A couple of good examples of what you can do with this feature.

1. Allow the customer to create a new commandline with a different starting map of their choice.

2. Allow client to call a different mod in the commandline.

And I can do that with regular custom variables as well :p

Lets say you create a user commandline option for the starting map under custom commandlines as a textbox or pulldown menu with a listing of maps.

You could use the following commandline to allow the user to change the starting map:

-game csgo -console -maxplayers_override $[service.Slots] +exec server.cfg -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] ![tickrate] ![authkey] !$[service.UserCommandLine]

The custom variable would be placed where $[service.UserCommandLine] is placed in the commandline.

Example: Client chooses map_3 from a pulldown menu option "you" have created. They could create a new commandline which would be like the following:

-game csgo -console -maxplayers_override $[service.Slots] +exec server.cfg -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] ![tickrate] ![authkey] !startmap map_3

The user created commandline is given a new name, and users can switch between multiple commandlines to make one active.

So essentially, there's no difference in doing:

-game csgo -console -maxplayers_override $[service.Slots] +exec server.cfg -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] ![tickrate] ![authkey] !$[service.UserCommandLine]

and

-game csgo -console -maxplayers_override $[service.Slots] +exec server.cfg -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] ![tickrate] ![authkey] ![map]

if the variable was named 'map'? If I create more command line variables, they will all be placed where the usercommandline variable is?

![map] would not be a valid variable in the custom commandline.

Any user accessible command you create for the user would be put into the spot where !$[service.UserCommandLine] is placed in the custom commandline.

Note: You can create as many commands as you like for the user to have access to.

Second Note: The user is actually creating their own brand new commandline which has its own name and they can then access and switch between the default and any custom one they build with the variables you allow.

![map] would not be a valid variable in the custom commandline.

I don't understand anything...

This is our default, custom command line:

-game csgo -console -condebug -usercon -maxplayers_override $[service.Slots] +maxplayers $[service.Slots] +exec server.cfg -ip $[service.IpAddress] -port $[service.GamePort] -tickrate ![tickrate] ![authkey] ![workshopcollection] ![workshopstartmap] ![GOTV] ![insecure] ![setsteamaccount] ![tvadvertisewatchable] +tv_port $[service.CustomPort1]

This is what it looks like to the customer: http://i.imgur.com/MahR5IH.png

Am I completely misunderstanding everything?

I think I figured it out! Please tell me if I did.

We've created the variable AND added ![variableName] to the custom command line - I just saw that the last part is not needed.

Adding $[service.UserCommandLine] somewhere in the command line just means that this is where all the custom variables for the command line will be, right?