Looking for new Dallas TX colocation

studeggle

I am having repeated network problems with my current datacenter, despite what they told me when I moved their i don't believe they are realy setup to handle game servers. So I am looking for a new colocation place in Dallas TX.

I was hoping I could get some recomendations of companies people her have/are using.

Defcon I see you have colocation coming soon, let me know if you decide you're ready for a customer.

Ahhh, I heard they were great, but not for gaming...

Try colo4dallas.com

They are uplinked by level3 and internap (I believe).

If needed, I could help you move boxes across the datacenters, Im only 20ish minutes from downtown (you are in sprocket's downtown dc right? Do they even still have the old one?).

anyway, colo4dallas is where escaped turkey is (I believe).

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Who are the upstream providers for the network?

Make sure to ask whether they are direct connections to the provider. Many providers “take liberties” when describing who their providers are. Colo4Dallas utilizes GigEs from both Internap and Level3, two respected Tier 1 providers. Our contracts are with each provider directly so we are able to quickly get in contact with the providers to resolve any issues.

</td></tr></table>

That is from their site. They can get cross overs to cogent if you want/need, but that's not in their bgp mix.

internap has cogent...

<div class="pre"><pre>

BGP routing table entry for 65.99.193.0/24, version 181330692

Paths: (1 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table)

Not advertised to any peer

174 12179 30496

66.28.1.1 from 66.28.1.1 (66.28.1.1)

Origin IGP, metric 48981, localpref 100, valid, external, best

Community: 174:21000 16631:1000

</pre></div>

<div class="pre"><pre>

7 core101.cogent-213.ext1a.dal.pnap.net (63.251.32.82) [AS 12179] 48 msec 48 msec 48 msec

</pre></div>

However, colo4 is sending them the community 174:21000 which basically doesn't advertise their routes to cogent.

• 2 weeks later...
What makes a colocation center better than another as far as hosting games? Is it the traffic they allow through their routers?

If you are in a carrier neutral building you can choose whatever carriers that are present which is why this option is valuable..

You might want to get with Hogie on his suggestion, He has been around awhile and knows the market and players better then most.

Hope this helps.

If you are in a carrier neutral building you can choose whatever carriers that are present which is why this option is valuable..

You might want to get with Hogie on his suggestion, He has been around awhile and knows the market and players better then most.

Hope this helps.

I think you have been around a litttle bit longer than me...

It just depends what your budget is on where I would suggest in Dallas. Colo4dallas has internap and level3 pipes, and some other GSPs host there already. The Planet is more expensive (have to do a cabinet now atleast), and everyone knows them/their pings. Then you could look at Equinix, which you get your own carrier from the local carriers, but you get to upkeep your router and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived