What's your TCA deployment like?

ahughes

Hi there,

I'm curious to how others have set up TCAdmin and how it works for you.

I have got my Master running on a dual core VM with its MySQL database running on the same machine based in a central geographic location, and all remotes connect directly to that MySQL database but the panel can only be accessed through the main Master server.

I've experienced issues where TCA locks up if multiple users are running things such as Mod installs, server reinstalls etc.

It'd be good to hear some TCA best practices and optimal setups from @LFA and the community!

• 2 weeks later...

I have two servers with TCadmin setup with MariaDB 10.2 X64 on Windows Server 2016.

Both database servers are in master - master replication mode, and run the TCadmin website on IIS.

Both servers are located in different continents, MySQL traffic and visitors are routed to the closest server which is available.

In TCadmin I've enabled pooling and a long lifetime for the database connections, to prevent the delay caused by TLS for each and every connection to the database.

Performance wise this all works perfectly, however TCadmin seems to have some issues with the pooling option and TLS.

I've had some tickets open with TCadmin support/Luis about these issues for a while now, but we haven't found a solution to the problems as of yet.