Request: BF1942 - Desert Combat

I see the BBO utility would effectively replace TCAdmin?

I would rather have it all running through TC Admin.

So to run Desert Combat, its just some new maps, and changes to the config file?

I can use the Config in the forums here for 1942 and then add the DC mod?

Does anyone have this running at the moment?

From what I gather most people use TCAdmin to run the BBO Manager as a service. Then simply have their clients login to the manager to control their game.

The reasoning is this. BF rcon is very hard to use. The rcon commands are often hard to remember, and sometimes quite long, as in the case of changing a map. This is why most people prefer to use the BBO Manager. It's easy to use.

However, you can run the game directly through TCAdmin if you prefer. You will need to use the BF1942 config file that's here and basically edit the mapslist.con file to reflect only the Dessert Combat Maps.

Cheers ECF

This is now all setup and working.

I have set the panel to run the BBO RemoteServer.exe, and then have to start the actual game server using the RemoteManager.exe

Only thing I don't like is having to then log onto the physical server via RDP and set up a user in BBO and add maps etc...

Would be good if the BBO had an advanced command line that you could use, but it only allows the IP and Port to be used.

Nevermind though at least it works, and adding the desert combat mod is simply a case of copying the files over the top so that the additional maps are selectable from the list.

Yes the BBO Manger must be run on the server first to setup the initial config of the game and map cycle.

:?: Please note this litttle tip:

When you run multiple BF games on the same server you must assign them a different "Remote Console Port" for each game. The default is 7111. Any other game instances can simply be set to +1, so game number 2 set to 7112. This has allways worked for me in the past.

If you don't set them differently it screws the works up.

I have read that there is another way to accomplish this by specifying the manager PID for each game in the command line. But I haven't taken the time to play with it.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use