File/folder structure diagrams?

Hi, i'm enjoying tcadmin so far, it's working well for me.

unfortunately i really can't get on well with the documentation due to having a weird brain.

Does anyone have a screenshot of how the folders should be set out in a hierarchical manner (like here) but in accordance with the info from here

Thanks,

Dr. KB

Hey, whats up Doc! :grin:

I don't have a screen shot, but the way we do it is as follows:

Gamefiles are stored in:

C:\Game-Panel\gamefiles

Clients are stored in:

C:\Game-Panel\clients

Your actual games which should be stored in the 'gamefiles' folder should match what you have set up in the panel. So for Call of Duty you would have:

C:\Game-Panel\gamefiles\COD

All the Call of Duty gamefiles then sit in the COD directory

When you create a new gameserver from within the panel, a new directory is created for the user (or owner/clan) of the game server. So if you add a gameserver for the ADMIN user, the directory will be as follows:

C:\Game-Panel\clients\ADMIN\Gameservers\TC237646543445554\

(The last directory is the unique identifer created by the panel)

I hope this makes it a little easier for you to understand.

Cheers,

Paul

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Try this on for size.

http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

</td></tr></table>

yup, i'd got that far but was having trouble.

personally, imho, the documentation is the only real let down for tcadmin - mostly due to using a thousand words when only a picture will do.

it's difficult to explain, but trust me, i'm a doctor :lol:

:oops: No one has complained yet, but if you can give a better description of what you think it is lacking, we would be more than happy to improve upon it :grin:

Of course we are aware that it is missing some sections for the newer features :roll: It's on my todo list.

mostly for me it was just the little things; nothing overly important, but kinda annoying also.

for example, section 4.1 of tcadmin.pdf is (for me) lacking some of the less obvious stuff in a way, a few screenshots of how it's meant to look (and how it's not) once you've got it set up would be very helpful.

also, it'd be handy if screenshots were bigger.

Seriously though, keep up the good work, tcadmin rocks :grin:

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Dr. Kitteny Berk</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Try this on for size.

http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

</td></tr></table>

yup, i'd got that far but was having trouble.

personally, imho, the documentation is the only real let down for tcadmin - mostly due to using a thousand words when only a picture will do.

it's difficult to explain, but trust me, i'm a doctor :lol:

</td></tr></table>

I have to agree there, although im one of those people that doesnt use help docs that often and just randomly clicks on things I think more images would help.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GameConnectors</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Sorry, I disagree.

What documentation have you had from other panels? none or its rubbish!

TCAdmin has at least spent the time putting together a decent explanation of its product.

</td></tr></table>

What other panels has or doesn't have doesn't mean that there is something lacking in certain parts of this documentation. That is all they (and I) say about it. It is great having docs yes, but example screenshots and such would help greatly also.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GameConnectors</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Sorry, I disagree.

What documentation have you had from other panels? none or its rubbish!

TCAdmin has at least spent the time putting together a decent explanation of its product.

</td></tr></table>

yup, tcadmin is great for giving documentation.

but think, if the docs were easier to read/understand, tcadmin would be an even better product. no?

i think mostly the docs are written well, but are a little erratic in the level of detail and how well it's provided. the base is certainly there to slowly be worked into a damn good manual.

Agreed the manual can be improved upon and will be improved in the future.

Even though I personally wrote the manual, I don't take offense to people expressing what they liked or disliked about it.

TCAdmin is here for our clients. And if our clients can find a way to better our product then we listen ;)

Now, finding the time to do such things... that's a different story :razz:

I'll look through parts of it on saturday. I know how hard it is to create a manual intended for noobs if you're the person creating the project. You did a damn good job on the majority of it... and TCAdmin as a whole can't be compared to any other panel software.

<3 tcadmin

Archived