Where does the server.cfg come from?

badster

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I specified my own settings for server.cfg in the "default config area" for CS 1.6. Yet, when I install a server via "Game Server Automation" it seems to use another default server.cfg that does not look anything like my config. So my question is:

Where do I define the default server.cfg file that will be used for all installs?

System Settings>Supported Games

Click on the game you would like to change the config for. Then click on the Default Config Files Icon.

In there you should see all of the config files listed. Click on the one you would like to view and click the "Default Template" button.

That is where the default config for game setups would be placed.

If that looks ok, I would suggest looking at the game install files to see if there isn't something in them that is causeing the issue. Eg. another config file etc..

• 1 month later...

I think I know what he is doing wrong, you are specifying the wrong directory for user files. For counterstrike it should be \cstrike\, not \. That will lead to the root directory, not the mod directory. It is in the mod directory that the server.cfg is located. You now have 2 server.cfgs, one in the root directory and one in the mod directory. Go to your control panel, then system settings. Next go to supported games and click on your counterstrike game details. Next in relative user files directory make sure you have your mod folder (\cstrike\) not the root folder.

Archived