Rcon and Player count on ARK

Rislem

Hi Everyone

I am having 2 issues, so assistance would be much appreciated.

1) Since the new template came with a TCadmin update, my player count is always showing 0/50 no matter the player count, anyone have a idea why? CPU and memory works fine but player count always on zero

2) I cant get RCON commands to work, if you go to schedule, and schedule a raw command to broadcast in game or save world or whatever, it doesnt work, it says it went in successfully but nothing happens in game.

I suspect number 2 is because the query protocol is wrong or Rcon protocol,

For Query its set to use Half life 2 new, and Rcon its set for consuleinput.

Not sure why its on console input though cause technically you cant put any commands in the console or do I understand it wrong?

Has anyone encountered this or could someone advise me on your settings so the above 2 things work?

• 1 month later...

I have had very limited success with ARK and RCON.

Did manage to write a script (I think it was Luis that helped), that allows you to send a message. This works well.

C:\TCAFiles\Users\SourceRcon.exe %ThisService_IpAddress% %ThisService_RConPort% %ThisService_RConPassword% "broadcast %ThisService_BroadcastMessage%" >NULL

(Note.. you need a message variable and sourcercon.exe)

Also found RCON for ARK on the Google App store .. works well too.

However, still battling to get ARK and TCAdmin to work together so that you can actually schedule other things.

With that said, I am also not sure how many actual commands are available/usable via RCON. There seems to be a difference of opinion from what I have read doing some research..

Any thoughts, ideas, and/or help getting this working would be appreciated.

1) Since the new template came with a TCadmin update, my player count is always showing 0/50 no matter the player count, anyone have a idea why? CPU and memory works fine but player count always on zero

This was fixed in the latest release of TCAdmin :-)

• 5 months later...

DennisHermannsen,

You say this was fixed in the latest release of TCAdmin.  I am using 2.0.142 and still having issues  with Ark and RCON.

The script I referenced above no longer works, neither does using the built in RCON option.

Sending RCON messages from an external RCON source works... 

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Dennis, 

If I use SourceRCON as a stand alone script.. no issues,   but using the  Scheduled Tasks / Console/RCON Command option, I get a Task error.. have submitted a ticket.

Using the script from the Workshop Browser section of help.tcadmin.com.. it all works...

Thx