What type of game configs do you want?

Dennis

Config type (read post before voting)  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want basic or advanced configs?

• Basic
    • Advanved
    • Somewhere in between (fx with a Configuration editor)

This poll is closed to new votes

Before I start adding a bunch of configs, I'd like to know what you guys are looking for. I'd mostly be providing configs for Windows, but Linux configs are usually just a matter of changing the executable.

Basic configs:
Basic config files has nothing more than needed to run the server. This config will work out of the box and can be customized to your liking. Things such as custom scripts, variables and configuration editors will not be included, unless they're needed to run the game server.

Advanced configs:
Advanced configs are configs with configuration editors setup, custom scripts for different stuff and generally a better idea - but they most likely require you to install third-party software such as Python and modules for Python. Some of these configs will also provide support for mods, but the mod files will need to be installed by yourself as we cannot redistribute most of them.

Somewhere in between:
Configs with no custom scripts, but with variables and configuration editors configured.

I'll only be providing configs for TCAdmin v2.

Let me know what you think.

• Dennis unlocked this topic

I get what you're trying to say. Some of the config files do have scripts that will delete contents of certain folders, and an update could possibly cause deletion of incorrect files (though it's very unlikely).

It's a lot easier for the user to remove/disable unwanted features before using the config than it is to setup new custom scripts. I'll see if I can find a solution that fits most people ?

Do note that using any kind of software/configuration from the forum is at your own risk. While it is very doubtful that anything would break, you should always test before using anything in production.

• 1 month later...

Advanced configs, if you are running a business with tcadmin, you should know how to make basic configurations already. Advanced configurations allows for "pushing" the bar further as to the capabilities of what you can accomplish with the software.

• 1 month later...
  • Dennis unpinned this topic