Update to TCA knowledgebase

Adam

I kind of agree. MediaWiki (the software currently being used) is not my favorite. There are other alternatives (wiki.js for example).

If you have any other alternatives, please let me know.

That being said, MediaWiki works just fine. The UI is not great, but it is the layout that most people associate with a wiki. IIRC, the help page once ran on another theme.

1 hour ago, DennisMidjord said:

I kind of agree. MediaWiki (the software currently being used) is not my favorite. There are other alternatives (wiki.js for example).

That being said, MediaWiki works just fine. The UI is not great, but it is the layout that most people associate with a wiki. IIRC, the help page once ran on another theme.

There also is a fully integratable wiki system for Invision forums. Could technically have everything centralized except for the main index. 

Wiki.js works well. Alot of people use it...

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Just now, SHAD0WRAIDERZA said:

Wiki.js works well. Alot of people use it...

I'm giving a alternative to wiki.js lol instead of having everything separate it could be right with community forums.

I'm giving a alternative to wiki.js lol instead of having everything separate it could be right with community forums.
Cool works too. Anything will better then the 1995 UI

The only issue with having everything the same place is that there is a single point of failure.

What is the wiki system for Invision? Any documentation on it?

Also, as I stated before, MediaWiki works just fine and has been working for years. It's just due for a visual makeover. There are a few modern themes that could be applied.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, ucjohn said:

There also is a fully integratable wiki system for Invision forums. Could technically have everything centralized except for the main index. 

You can also integrate the front page if you have "Page" app. I have also a land page in my IPB forum.

4 minutes ago, DeteCT0R said:

You can also integrate the front page if you have "Page" app. I have also a land page in my IPB forum.

You mean CMS lol they re-branded it again.. But yes in the ACP it's called "Pages" which we do in fact have. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:38 PM, ucjohn said:

You mean CMS lol they re-branded it again.. But yes in the ACP it's called "Pages" which we do in fact have. 

In that case then you could just copy the entire CSS and HTML/PHP coding from the main page and make an index in Pages/Content and use Pages as the main site. The only downfall to this is if the forums go offline for whatever reason, so does the homepage. Unless it's not using the IPS Wrapper in which case it will not be affected.

I use Pages for all of my game servers' rules pages and what not.

rules1.thumb.png.007c214df9b1fd606b0b05260e919c8d.png

• 3 weeks later...

On the same note, we REALLY need some proper docs of the SDK for use in ironpython custom scripts, the variables are well documented but the functions are a mystery without decompiling DLLS, and using the example scripts etc. (E.g. TCAdmin.SDK.Misc's functions like the compression tools)
Custom scripts are really one of the best things about TCA, with the extensive integration into mod manager, and actions. Just wish they were more accessible.

Edited by Aeioyoo

• 1 year later...