Server with multiple IP always using main only

Claed

Hey everyone, I have Imported my extra IP I added and it grabs 127.0.0.1 and my 2 IPs(Server main and the test I added to the OS). When I launch a game server using my second IP that was added in Advanced Settings for windows, it only launches the game on the original server IP. It shows the second IP as being the connection, but only the servers main IP can connect to it. 

Side note, when I try to RDP using the second added IP to the windows server, it connected to main IP (Not the second one I used).. I assume this issue is actually related to my router.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Import IPs seems to work fine.. Sorry i'm network noob.

13 minutes ago, Claed said:

Hey everyone, I have Imported my extra IP I added and it grabs 127.0.0.1 and my 2 IPs(Server main and the test I added to the OS). When I launch a game server using my second IP that was added in Advanced Settings for windows, it only launches the game on the original server IP. It shows the second IP as being the connection, but only the servers main IP can connect to it. 

Side note, when I try to RDP using the second added IP to the windows server, it connected to main IP (Not the second one I used).. I assume this issue is actually related to my router.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Import IPs seems to work fine.. Sorry i'm network noob.

What game is it? In the games master config in the part where all the game configs are stored. Go to ip and ports. Check to see if only use main ip is checked. If so uncheck it 

2 hours ago, numpty said:

What game is it? In the games master config in the part where all the game configs are stored. Go to ip and ports. Check to see if only use main ip is checked. If so uncheck it 

That setting is not checked.. Valheim is the game i'm running test with.. Have made sure only main ip was unchecked and restarted both monitor then server.. Also deleted old install and reinstalled incase the update game servers thing wasn't working

16 minutes ago, lynxwolf1 said:

I'm pretty sure val will only use the main ip of the server

It does correct. Will only use the master ip of the server. Tcadmin can show any ip but the server will only use the master ip

Wow, so then I need to test on a different game.. Thanks y'all, i'll be giving that a go, had no clue Valheim only used Master IP.. Good to know knowledge, 1up!

Is there a list of games that only use primary IP anywhere I can view? TIA

Edited by Claed

Wow, so then I need to test on a different game.. Thanks y'all, i'll be giving that a go, had no clue Valheim only used Master IP.. Good to know knowledge, 1up!
Is there a list of games that only use primary IP anywhere I can view? TIA

As far as aware no ifs just test and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, numpty said:

As far as aware no ifs just test and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I got everything working with CS:S and the IPs also.. Had no clue it was Valheim 😞

Edited by Claed