V Rising

Adam

V Rising

The start to a basic working V Rising config

Installation
Installation can be done from TCAdmin > System > Settings > Global Configuration > Plugin Repo. Alternatively, you can install the config manually by following the steps below.

Download the config
Go to TCAdmin > System > Settings > Game & Voice Hosting > Game & Other Voice Servers > Import
Save the config as a new config or chose "Overwrite existing config" if you which to overwrite your current V Rising config. Remember to select V Rising in the 'Update Game' field if you do
Leave all other settings

Known issues

None to my knowledge

Hi, thanks for sharing the config.

I have a problem, the servers do not appear in the list of servers in the game, but I can join without problems with direct connection.

I have tried changing the ports and also manually opening the ports in the firewall.

35 minutes ago, Adam said:

This config is running for us and servers show in the list

I already found the problem.

TCAdmin assigns the main IP to the server, but when I enter the server and press the ESC key I can see that it has another IP assigned.

On each machine I have 2 IPs, is there a way to configure the IP for the V Rising server?

43 minutes ago, Vicente said:

I already found the problem.

TCAdmin assigns the main IP to the server, but when I enter the server and press the ESC key I can see that it has another IP assigned.

On each machine I have 2 IPs, is there a way to configure the IP for the V Rising server?

Then your actual server settings are not set correctly in TCAdmin in settings > servers

We use /29 subnets (which is 5 usable IP addresses) the config is already set to use the main servers IP address 

37 minutes ago, conceptr980 said:

As far as i know that V Rising doesnt support bind ip feature yet in order to assign different ip to the server.

This is correct, config is already set to only use the primary servers IP address - providing you have set it up correctly. 

55 minutes ago, Adam said:

Then your actual server settings are not set correctly in TCAdmin in settings > servers

We use /29 subnets (which is 5 usable IP addresses) the config is already set to use the main servers IP address 

In the TCAdmin settings the main ip is set and the game config is set to take the main IP address, but the game server keeps detecting another IP as the main IP, while in the TCAdmin panel, in server details game shows correct primary IP.

2022-05-18_17-49-37.png

2022-05-18_17-50-20.png

Edited by Vicente

ServerHostSettings.json get's overritten and changes settings back to default, including ports. Had to manually add the ports in the ServerHostSettings. 

Is it possible to fix this so the file doesn't get overritten on every update?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Sukkerpups said:

ServerHostSettings.json get's overritten and changes settings back to default, including ports. Had to manually add the ports in the ServerHostSettings. 

Is it possible to fix this so the file doesn't get overritten on every update?

Thanks

Well its not a config issue or TCAdmin issue, its a game issue as it seems the steam update is pulling/overwriting VRisingServer_Data > SteamingAssetts > Settings folder

Making a script to move the settings folder out and back in after update completes or devs must fix their game 😛

Edited by Adam

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Well its not a config issue or TCAdmin issue, its a game issue as it seems the steam update is pulling/overwriting VRisingServer_Data > SteamingAssetts > Settings folder

Making a script to move the settings folder out and back in after update completes or devs must fix their game 😛

Ah, that's just great. I don't have the brains to create a script like that 😂  With my luck, I can't see this being fixed in the near future by the devs either.

Interested in selling a script that does this? I can pay beforehand if needed.

Just now, Sukkerpups said:

Ah, that's just great. I don't have the brains to create a script like that 😂  With my luck, I can't see this being fixed in the near future by the devs either.

Interested in selling a script that does this? I can pay beforehand if needed.

Spoke to Dennis now he said that it the validate option in steam settings should stop this from happening.

ill push an update soon with some other changes that have been made

What's New in Version 1.0.2

• Set port increments to 10
  • Removed steam validate option
  • Changed max slots to 100

Commandline options to specify ip address and save paths were tested but dont seem to be working as yet but will wait for game developers to fix and then ill implement and test

24 minutes ago, conceptr980 said:

it will be totally appreciated if you push for config editor instead of text editor only 😁

I would like to but because the game is Early Access i dont want to sit and setup the config editor for only it to change 

id rather wait abit for the game to improve abit more.

Good morning

Does not work with you generally the save or does not create the Folder?

I have created the command line and this saves normally.

rcU47Vw.png

F9R6c0G.png

VRisingServer.exe -persistentDataPath .\save-data -serverName "$[HostName]" -saveName "world1" -logFile ".\logs\VRisingServer.log" -batchmode

I have also changed the log file.

logs\VRisingServer.log

nw4eUmp.png

Edited by Gotteshand

Hi

Thanks for this, Dennis and i were testing these last week but the IP address flag did not seem to be working so i held off pushing cmd line updates 

Are you able to DM your edits in your config so i can check them out?

220522-1d8z8n4W8p.png

Saves will save in /Saves in the root directory

220522-2f9M0t7y73.png
V rising logs will generate now and time stamp when restarting the server

i tested the -address flag again and it doesnt want to work so we are still stuck with enforcing the main servers IP for the time being.