Metamod Source - Mani Users editor

Travis Bickle

I'm not sure where to post this, I figured this was the best place. I've tried to find how the directory is set up for the Mani users editor for Half life source games, but I haven't figured it out. When clients use Metamod source, the adminlist.txt file is re-located so the mani users editor doesn't work anymore. Most of my clients use the mani editor to add admins for their server and most use Metamod source so they can add other plugins which use metamod source (zombie mod for example) Does anyone know how to set it up so you can use metamod source, plug in manimod and still take advantage of the mani users editor? Thanks in advance.

I just figured it out, for some reason when a source server is created using metamod source, the adminlist and admingroup files get renamed to "adminlist.txt.old" and "admingroup.txt.old". I can't figure out why this is happening, renaming them fixes the problem but I don't want to have to rename and take away the .old extension everytime a client purchases a server. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounds like your using Mani 1.2 or newer,, in those versions there is no use of admin or user files,, Mani instead use a file called clients.txt and that file has another file structure,, more help about that file you could get in Mani's forum

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using version 1.2 or newer the add a user feature will not work in TCAdmin as Mani has made changes to the file structure.

As far as the mod install itself, there should be no problem with getting it to install. Your users would simply have to edit the admin files through the filemanager instead of using the add an admin feature.

• 1 month later...

For some reason, not sure why but what I did works. I created an adminlist.txt and an adminlist.txt.old and added it with the newest 1.2 version, zipped it in my manimod.zip file in TCA.mods folder. It works, I used the mani admin config and added myself as an admin for a test server, I entered the server and had privledges. I also added the admingroups, both .txt and .txt.old. For some reason both files are renamed with the .old file extension, I just added a blank file with that same extension which is a work around.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you can. Goto System Settings>Plugin Manager and goto the Game Compatibility Plugin.

Change the gametype for Counterstrike Source to just "Source".

That will remove the icon, but leave the rcon and status screen intact on the user's end.

Archived