SteamCMD / Steamguard spam

ashton

Hi, 

So I have followed the guide https://help.tcadmin.com/SteamCmd#Activate_your_account_with_Steam_Guard_.28Windows.29 to get TCAdmin V2 working with Steamguard. I can go into the game downloader, insert the details and it works. 

However, what I am now getting is emails every 30 min or so from Steam with a new code. I also get an error saying the rate limit has been exceeded in steamcmd, according to steam this is due to auth failures. 

Currently we only have one game set to use the credentials and that is ARMA3. Anyone come across this or know a solution?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, ashton said:

Hi, 

So I have followed the guide https://help.tcadmin.com/SteamCmd#Activate_your_account_with_Steam_Guard_.28Windows.29 to get TCAdmin V2 working with Steamguard. I can go into the game downloader, insert the details and it works. 

However, what I am now getting is emails every 30 min or so from Steam with a new code. I also get an error saying the rate limit has been exceeded in steamcmd, according to steam this is due to auth failures. 

Currently we only have one game set to use the credentials and that is ARMA3. Anyone come across this or know a solution?

Thanks

What I did is find the steancmd in the tools folder where tcadmin is installed. Unzip and run manually. Then do login process

Login username

Password

Code

Exit

It should request guard code. Enter code emailed. Then in settings where it asks for default steam account enter same guard code. And username and password. Save and wjek running again should auto login.

27 minutes ago, numpty said:

What I did is find the steancmd in the tools folder where tcadmin is installed. Unzip and run manually. Then do login process

Login username

Password

Code

Exit

It should request guard code. Enter code emailed. Then in settings where it asks for default steam account enter same guard code. And username and password. Save and wjek running again should auto login.

So ive done the manual login, that went through fine.

However, in default steam account settings and in the individual game settings it seems it's saving the user and pass but no option to input or save the steam guard code. So when I look at steamcmd I can see it passing the user and pass but the "set_steam_guard_code" is blank. See screenshots.

image.png.28e726957c9b7c8317198203bb87aaf7.png

p.s I know CSS server can use anonymous but using that server as a test/example 🙂

Edited by ashton

In the individual ones don't need it btw it's should remember info in cache. And on that code u shared. No need to add code line at all. It is only needed the once to authorize you as the account holder. Then everytime you login to update it uses cache to sag oh your authorized. So complete login and update game. Is that understandable. ??