Make TCAdmin FOSS (Free Opensource Software)

Hi, we all know what it's like! Shit! It just shit to have to pay! Of course we don't want to forget that it is extremely tedious to write such software, which is not in any discussion! But let's be honest... As FOSS, TCAdmin would be even more nice and hey, tens of people can also help and support the development... And if someone has no money for TCAdmin (or doesn't want to pay ect), no problem! Would be FOSS

No Thanks if you ask me

Here is my 10c why

There is already a ton of FOSS software out there for control panels and frankly there mostly garbage.

TCadmin has given me a opportunity sot start a company that none of those FOSS allowed, mainly because its open source, so no one that has proper templates will share it and a ton of people take the opportunity to ask money for there templates anyway.

TCadmin support team, mainly Luis has not on a single occasion turned a question down, can be as simple as "hey will this script work?" to "hey tcadmin is bugging out like a mad man" 

I am not paying because TCadmin is the best, I am paying cause the support has not once let me down. They say "you cant put a price on good service" yeah you can, and I'm paying it.

Again my opinion.

Regards

If you can't afford a $15 license fee, how exactly do you plan on paying for reliable infrastructure to host the software on?

Secondly, relying on volunteer developers can be unreliable. How many of these other panels have gone defunct because of lack of maintenance? License fees also cover support. If you have provided support for any software yourself, or provided regular support in a hosting or service capacity, you would know it can become exhausting. Covering costs in exchange for labor and time spent assisting customers is how basic business functions. One hand washes the other. We expect good service from the software and support end of things here, Luis provides it, and we happily compensate for his time and experience.

Third, there is no correlation between license costs and "holding back software from getting to the next level". This software has made more progress as a whole from where it started til now, compared to any other software out there. TCAdmin is the benchmark to other software.. not the other way around.

Finally, those who do want to get heavily involved with the development, can, and do. Look at the plugins that Alex, Dennis, and others have made. The plugin repository allows people to create features for the panel and other users to incorporate it into their panels if they so choose.

In closing, I have considered what would happen if Luis were to get hit by a bus. Hopefully, there are key-man safeguards in place that one of the other Administrators would have control over the code to manage it accordingly. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this?

Ye no. Im happy to pay. I do think there should be abit more lenient lisencing choises as we are moving more and more into VPS servers and lisences by node do not really support this. Or then there is the investment of 5k. 

We pay for the support we get if things go sideways. And afaik the support is premium and fastly available when stuff happens. Also like was sair post earlier the options and features in tcadmin are way superior to other panels out there. 

@Rislem@Jimmy-CS@angellfall

That may be all, but this $15 that was mentioned are IN THE MONTH! And yes, this may seem little, but in a long time... And oh, then one forgot that this 15$ will still be debited, but one have already spent all his/her money!!!! Oops 😅! Of course one can also buy... But... ... ... $300.00??? And that PER YEAR!!! I'll have to think about it 🤔...

I'm not saying it's not exhausting or time consuming, as mentioned before, however.... At least one could perhaps halve to quarter the purchase options, furthermore, one could extend this to lifetime...

Edited by Justman10000

On 6/7/2023 at 6:41 AM, Jimmy-CS said:

If you can't afford a $15 license fee, how exactly do you plan on paying for reliable infrastructure to host the software on?

Secondly, relying on volunteer developers can be unreliable. How many of these other panels have gone defunct because of lack of maintenance? License fees also cover support. If you have provided support for any software yourself, or provided regular support in a hosting or service capacity, you would know it can become exhausting. Covering costs in exchange for labor and time spent assisting customers is how basic business functions. One hand washes the other. We expect good service from the software and support end of things here, Luis provides it, and we happily compensate for his time and experience.

Third, there is no correlation between license costs and "holding back software from getting to the next level". This software has made more progress as a whole from where it started til now, compared to any other software out there. TCAdmin is the benchmark to other software.. not the other way around.

Finally, those who do want to get heavily involved with the development, can, and do. Look at the plugins that Alex, Dennis, and others have made. The plugin repository allows people to create features for the panel and other users to incorporate it into their panels if they so choose.

In closing, I have considered what would happen if Luis were to get hit by a bus. Hopefully, there are key-man safeguards in place that one of the other Administrators would have control over the code to manage it accordingly. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this?

Couldnt agree more,
I think I have been with Tcadmin for 5 years now and from what it was till what it is now is amazing and it keeps getting upgraded thanks to people "outside" of management like you said, Alex, Dennis, Adam all those people are constantly taking feedback and getting TCadmin to add features.

So yeah, just take my money please and give me a working TCadmin. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, Justman10000 said:

@Rislem@Jimmy-CS@angellfall

That may be all, but this $15 that was mentioned are IN THE MONTH! And yes, this may seem little, but in a long time... And oh, then one forgot that this 15$ will still be debited, but one have already spent all his/her money!!!! Oops 😅! Of course one can also buy... But... ... ... $300.00??? And that PER YEAR!!! I'll have to think about it 🤔...

I'm not saying it's not exhausting or time consuming, as mentioned before, however.... At least one could perhaps halve to quarter the purchase options, furthermore, one could extend this to lifetime...

There are multiple other control panel for hosting game servers that are open source. If the answer to your problem is that "the software needs to be open source", then go with one of those. If you run into an issue with the software, however, you're pretty much on your own.

We very often hear about how people think TCAdmin is too expensive, but they don't want to use any of the other free alternatives that exists. If you're a business and can't afford $300.00 as a one-time fee (you don't have to renew support and updates), you probably shouldn't be running a business. But, I don't even see how it could be a problem finding the $60 per year for updates and support.
When I was ~14 years old, we managed to build a very small game hosting company and pay the TCAdmin license fee. Sure, the first month we paid out of our own pocket, but that's just how it works.

You want your entire business model to rely on TCAdmin but you don't want to pay? I'm sure you can see how that doesn't sound right.

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

There are multiple other control panel for hosting game servers that are open source. If the answer to your problem is that "the software needs to be open source", then go with one of those. If you run into an issue with the software, however, you're pretty much on your own.

We very often hear about how people think TCAdmin is too expensive, but they don't want to use any of the other free alternatives that exists. If you're a business and can't afford $300.00 as a one-time fee (you don't have to renew support and updates), you probably shouldn't be running a business. But, I don't even see how it could be a problem finding the $60 per year for updates and support.
When I was ~14 years old, we managed to build a very small game hosting company and pay the TCAdmin license fee. Sure, the first month we paid out of our own pocket, but that's just how it works.

You want your entire business model to rely on TCAdmin but you don't want to pay? I'm sure you can see how that doesn't sound right.

However, one must also remember that simply not everyone has these money!

I understand. But if you can't find $60 per year ($5 per month) for something that your business relies on, you do not have a healthy business model.

If you're not running a business, then you should be satisfied with whatever someone has made available to you for free.

8 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I understand. But if you can't find $60 per year ($5 per month) for something that your business relies on, you do not have a healthy business model.

If you're not running a business, then you should be satisfied with whatever someone has made available to you for free.

Maybe it would be on a sponsorship basis? And not a company?

It wouldn't make any sense for TCAdmin to sponsor licenses. TCAdmin's main customer base is game server providers - the end users are mainly people who rent game servers.

I don't see how TCAdmin would benefit from a regular sponsorship in any way.

3 minutes ago, Dennis said:

It wouldn't make any sense for TCAdmin to sponsor licenses. TCAdmin's main customer base is game server providers - the end users are mainly people who rent game servers.

I don't see how TCAdmin would benefit from a regular sponsorship in any way.

I meant that maybe I would want to sponsor more? Ergo, would have no revenue?

7 minutes ago, Justman10000 said:

This is not about business? If TCAdmin is only for business, that's sad

But Tcadmin is only for business? TCadmin is a panel that companies can use to resell servers.
He does offer lower end licenses for clients that just want to manage all there servers on a single control panel, but you dont need this you can always just use RDP to a server and do all the setups.

Tcadmin is a game hosting panel, its branching out to cover smaller aspects as well but its main business purpose is to supply game hosting companies big and small with a control panel that does everything.

If you want to start your own hosting company, and you have the knowledge to code a panel, code a website, code a billing system. More power to you.

But in any business model for game hosting you need to cover all your: Website costs, Billing panel cost, server hardware rental or purchase cost and very very important your game hosting panel.

If you can code or do any of the above yourself, it will save cost, if you cant any business tends to pay someone

When I started my company, I had a silly website that looked bad cause I didnt have money for one, my invoices was done by hand using Excel... but my control panel was always paid for, no way I have the knowledge to code such a panel.

Hosting game servers, is not a "quick rich scheme" it takes time, planning, dedication and very big choices that might pay off or not.

If your looking to make a quick buck because you own a server and a decent internet line, go open source panels.

1 minute ago, Justman10000 said:

The whole point of sponsorship is to give people something for free!

If you are a kid, yes. That's basically what a sponsorship means.

If you're older, you know that a sponsorship consists of a mutual agreement. Like, "X provides a service free of charge to Y in return of free advertising space on their website".
We've done a few sponsorships and we've never just done it because we're good people. It has always been in an effort to grow our business. The people we sponsor will promote our services to their audience.

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

We've done a few sponsorships and we've never just done it because we're good people. It has always been in an effort to grow our business. The people we sponsor will promote our services to their audience.

Well, one thing we do not have in common! I sponsor to do people good! I mean yes, advertising is just not bad! Just find people with enough reach, who already have everything anyway and therefore do not need your sponsorship anyway!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...