General question about the automatic Steam update

Gotteshand

Good morning

Would it be possible to extend TCAdmin with a plugin that automatically performs a Steam update?

It is very inconvenient when a game receives an update at 3:00 a.m. and the server is not available and I have to start the updates manually every time.

Does something like this already exist?

I mean that as soon as Steam provides an update for a game, the server automatically carries it out

Edited by Gotteshand

Hi.

Thanks for the hint, but as far as I know, there is only the possibility to perform an update, so also a restart of the server.

I just want TCAdmin to check if there is an update, if so then it should perform it. Or am I perhaps missing a script?

53720dd9270bd5279f4b9e5b6370cdd1.png

Edited by Gotteshand

30 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Set it to update every 15 minutes for 24 hours. Right now, you've set it to run every 15 minutes for 1 minute during the entire day - that's only one time.

So somehow I'm playing dumb here ^^

He does a restart and then he wants to do it again only 24 hours later

9a3844742c6a5fdc77d89c3ee5803c71.png

a5829938b95b78167df9ce220739f54c.png

If you want to check for updates every 15 minutes the entire day, you need to set "Alle wiederholen" to 15 minutes and "Für" to 24 hours.
It means it will run the task every 15 minutes for 24 hours.
If you only want to check for updates between 06:00 and 18:00, you set the start time to "23.11.2023 06:00", "Alle wiederholen" to 15 minutes and "Für" to 12 hours. It means the task will run every 15 minutes for 12 hours (from 06:00 to 18:00).

I hope that makes sense.