Cannot change "Run as" user for specific game

Remie

Hi,

Because of a bug in palword dedicated server whenever you change the running user the player GUID will get messed up.
I'm moving the server from application to TCadmin. Therefore the server will be run as TCAgame, I don't want this because this messes up the GUID of my players which are forced to start over again.

Whenever I change the credentials in the game service config it won't save and will default back to TCAgame. How can I change the gameconfig to run under "administrator"?

After I press save it defaults back to TCAgame

2024-02-10 10_46_52-TCAdmin - Palworld.png

Edited by Remie

I'm a bit further now.
The pop-up for a missing steam API key was preventing the new user account to save.

This has been changed now and now the service fails to start using the administrator user.

02/10/2024 12:14:42 System.ServiceProcess System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service administrator on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
at TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.ServiceManager.a(ProcessController a, Int32 b, String c, String d)
at TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.ServiceManager.GetServiceLauncherProxy(ProcessController sender, String user, Int32 serviceId, Boolean forServiceStart)
at TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.WindowsProcessController.a()
02/10/2024 12:18:23 System.ServiceProcess System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service administrator on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
at TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.ServiceManager.a(ProcessController a, Int32 b, String c, String d)
at TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.ServiceManager.GetServiceLauncherProxy(ProcessController sender, String user, Int32 serviceId, Boolean forServiceStart)
at TCAdmin.ServiceManLib.WindowsProcessController.a()

02/10/2024 12:14:36 Uninstalling invaid launcher for administrator...
02/10/2024 12:14:42 Uninstalled invaid launcher for administrator
02/10/2024 12:18:17 Uninstalling invaid launcher for administrator...
02/10/2024 12:18:23 Uninstalled invaid launcher for administrator

I'm 100% sure the password is correct. I've tried "administrator" ".\administrator" and "IGC\administrator" as user.

Upon investigation for the launcer I get the following errors in serviceinstall.log:

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
See the contents of the log file for the D:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\administrator\TCAdminServiceLauncher.exe assembly's progress.
The file is located at ServiceInstall.log.
Installing assembly 'D:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\administrator\TCAdminServiceLauncher.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole = false
   assemblypath = D:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\administrator\TCAdminServiceLauncher.exe
   logfile = ServiceInstall.log
Installing service administrator...
Service administrator has been successfully installed.
Creating EventLog source administrator in log Application...

The Install phase completed successfully, and the Commit phase is beginning.
See the contents of the log file for the D:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\administrator\TCAdminServiceLauncher.exe assembly's progress.
The file is located at ServiceInstall.log.
Committing assembly 'D:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\administrator\TCAdminServiceLauncher.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole = false
   assemblypath = D:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\administrator\TCAdminServiceLauncher.exe
   logfile = ServiceInstall.log

The Commit phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.

Edited by Remie

5 hours ago, Dennis said:

Are you sure the login information for the administrator user is correct?

Yes it was correct. I think I've solved it by running the launcher installer in an elevated prompt as user "administrator".

After that everything worked as expected

Edited by Remie