Few Questions

bspiller

Currently I run 1 32 man CS 1.6 server and about 300-400 ventrilo servers. My current server is Red Hat Linux which I will convert to Windows 2003 for TCAdmin if I get it. The configs I have for my current Ventrilo servers the portnumber.ini files, will they work on the TCAdmin box? I'd hate to have to install all of them from scratch.

Also could everything be ran from the same box? The admin panel/user panel. Or is it better to run the web server box else where?

Is the program also fairly easy to install or should I have it installed by you? I'm looking at an owned license the 200$ one.

Personally I would seperate the voice servers from the games due to the bandwidth requirements.

The master server can be used to power everything on the same machine but again you would need to have the webserver and DB's running which would take up resources but if you have a decent machine to handle everything I don't see a problem.

All your ventrilo configs should work fine. I assume you are a licensed hoster so you would just need to get with one of the support guys here when setting everything up and they can show you were to put your files as it's a little different on Windows.

Hope this helps!

Since you are moving from one OS to another, you will need to re-install all the Vent servers anyways onto the windows server. As far as configs, you can use them if you like, but I don't know if it will really help all that much. Basically you will be creating a new server in TCAdmin, and then manually copying 300-400 ini files, 1 to each users directory.

Archived