Problems while re-installing Game Servers

PJueckstock

Hi!

I now more and more get errors like the one below. How could that happen, and what can be done to prevent it?

<div class="pre"><pre>GSAutomation.Processes.ReinstallGameServer: Could not delete current game server file structure: D:\UserFiles\201074\GameServers\TC74138825256457336670603</pre></div>

Also, it seems as if always afer a game server (successfuly) re-installs, it run on port 27015 (I'm not sure if its always the case, but it sure is often). Why does it not re-install to the port it was on before?

Another question, what could be the reason that there are some ports (for me its 27020) that never works with game servers. Everytime the a game server runs on that port it is not responding (cannot bind to UDP Port, I think). I have nothing else running on them. Its Windows Server 2003 SP1. What could be the cause of that problem? IP Filter is pretty much de-activated and ports like 27025 work.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

It sounds like you have some file(s) in that folder which are marked "read-only" Check the windows permissions on your install files for any read only tags. I know windows has a bad habit of marking files as read only when you copy them from one directory to another on the server.

Best thing to do is right click on the top level install files directory such as X:\Game Files and goto properties. There is a check box that says read only. Make sure there is not a checkbox in there. If there is, uncheck it and apply to all sub folder and files.

Archived