Nyc

Todd Holley

I have (2) Dual Xeons / 2GB / 80GB SATA / 1200GB BW. In Chicago on ATT/Level3/Savvis/MCI available.

Price is $239.95 / Month with a $50 setup.

Thats pretty competitive pricing for the Chicago metro area, in Equinix, on one of the best networks available.

If you look hard enough I'm sure you'll find good deals everywhere. Just do your research. Most times if it's too good to be true it usually is..

I would love to rent this from you,

Opteron dual core

Opteron Dual Core 170

2 x 2.0Ghz 2x1mb Cache

1GB DDRI 400mhz

250GB SATA II HDD

2000GB Transfer

$159/month

With 4 gigs of ram in Chicago. Is this possible?

I would love to rent this from you,

Opteron dual core

Opteron Dual Core 170

2 x 2.0Ghz 2x1mb Cache

1GB DDRI 400mhz

250GB SATA II HDD

2000GB Transfer

$159/month

With 4 gigs of ram in Chicago. Is this possible?

Allow me to answer this,

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA....no

HIS_MOTHER might be able to do that system for you on his home cable connection LOL.

Chicago and NYC are quite a bit more expensive for space and power than Dallas is. Bandwidth charges are not that much different. Basically it is the difference in real estate prices between them and Dallas and the data centers have to make that up somehow.

The real problem in Chicago right now is not BW or space. It is power!!! Comed hiked prices something like 48%. They say its closer to 20% but in business out here they have what is called a DEMAND CHARGE. Not sure about other states. Basically they sample your usage for approx 30 Mins. per day and if it is a peak time or a DC that is constant they use that metered spec to add to your bill. A demand charge is basically a multiplication of your usage so 300KWH X Demand charge 2.67 say = your bill times 2.67. LOL Don't ask me how they come up with there numbers or who invented this charge(they don't even knw ;)) but it exists and is legal. Residential customers don't pay this , only business hookups.

Archived