Migration

Travis Bickle

I want to migrate our tcadmin master server, I have backed up the IIS database, all game server files and tcadmin's executable. Is there anything else I need to know before I migrate? Will I have any issues with my tcadmin account? Thanks for any responses, I want to make this as smooth as possible.

You are welcome. The move it not overly hard, but certain things need to be done in order for things to work properly. The main thing to remember is to make a backup of your database, and your userfiles folder.

Then it's a simple matter of copying them back to where they were, re-running the config program and reassigning IP addresses to servers.

• 4 weeks later...

I am ready to finally migrate the master server and will be submitting a support ticket. Our new server has a quad core processor along with 2 drives, main drive c and e for data. 2 questions, first can tcadmin detect all 4 affinities? And also, can I install tcadmin and game files on c drive but have the user files directory on the e drive? I also want to set one affinity to tcadmin itself, leaving the others for just game server services.

Should I install tcadmin or should I just get all the files on the server then submit a ticket, right now i'm just waiting for IIS to be installed. I have uploaded tcadmin executable, the tcadmin install directory from the old server, the database backup, all game server files and all user files.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having some major problems since the migration. First, I received an email stating that "Your TCAdmin license has been disabled because it has not been able to contact the TCAdmin license server in the last 5 days". I'm assuming this email refers to our "old" server, our license has been reset for our new server and I have shut down the old server exactly 5 days ago. Also, since the migration our new server constantly crashes. It is brand new, new windows 2003 server install, standard edition with service pack 2. It works for about 12 to 18 hours then crashes with no re-boot. I have the OS and Tcadmin program running on C drive along with the game files, I have a Data E drive that hosts the user files. Anything else is just a typical setup, Raid 0 with a multiprocessor, and 4 gigs of ram. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived