Questions on integration

kalyse

I like to integrate anything into the main login on my site.

Ive done this to alot, the support system, the forums, billing. Everything is integrated apart from VBulletin so I want to know if people have ideas.

I code in PHP and mySQL.

When someone signs up on my site it does 3 things.

It checks the username and email against all known accounts in:

My site tables

My forum tables

TCAdmin

Then it does all the validation required.

The problem is, the forums use a md5 hash to create the password to enter and so does my site which is great cause it means i can syncronise the site with forums, but TCAdmin uses some 'weird' algoryhm with, what I can discover very little documentation or support.

From what I have been able to read, it supports encryption and decryption of the hashed password.

The thing that I want to do is when a user creates an account on my site to automatically create an account on TCA for me.

Currently I do this manually, which is fine I have no problem with manually inserting the rows into the database but the problem is I use a random password that I manually encrypted from a list of around 100 passwords. If anyone was able to get a hold of the list of 100 passwords and any usernames, its quite likely they would be able to ;guess' any users password if they haven't changed it.

What I want is a way in PHP to use the TCAdmin encryption function of the password, and then to create the cookie that TCAdmin uses.

So that when someone logs into my main site, it will also log them into TCAdmin,

Do any clients do any modding? I have done a reasonable amount of coding for lots of different things on the site so far. If anyone wants to chat about possible developments I am up for any discussions.

I use, TCAdmin, Custom Billing/Support System, VBulletin, Plesk.

Thanks.

MB submits the username and password to TCA for account creation so it is possible. I have the information somewhere around here for TCA hooks I’ll see if I can dig it up, but Kevin or Luis can probably get it to you faster.

And the information for remote logging into TCA is already widely available on the forums.

MB submits the username and password to TCA for account creation so it is possible. I have the information somewhere around here for TCA hooks I’ll see if I can dig it up, but Kevin or Luis can probably get it to you faster.

And the information for remote logging into TCA is already widely available on the forums.

Hello,

Yeah I know how to do a remote login, Ive done it before. Thats not what Im looking to do, there is a subtle difference in what Im planning.

Ill submit a ticket now.

Thanks.

Archived