Private Servers

andeelym

May I know how does TCAdmin implement private servers?

The problem that I am facing now is that some private server clients are switching off the sv_password, making the servers non-private.

Are there any ways that the private server status can be checked and enforced?

The problem that I am facing now is that some private server clients are switching off the sv_password, making the servers non-private.

Use the Game Server Monitor plugin. It queries the server slot counts and will notify you and /or your client if the slots are changed.

System Settings>Plugin Manager>Game Server Monitor

Don't think it was a question of slots but more of the

private vs public aspect.

user pays x for private server, then switches it to a public server (and y public server may cost more.

just thought I'd clarify his question as it seem to get on slot counts and not private vs public....

It was there when i first setup the server, but the client either removed it via RCON console or editing the server.cfg.

I know it is quite impossible, but is it possible to guard against that, short of restricting the file manager.

If they remove it then there isn't anything that can be done about it. THat is why the game server monitor checks it so you know.

Only other thing you can do is restrict FTP and filemanager and only allow the Configuration Editor. But I doubt your clients would go for that.

Have the Game Monitor check to see if the customer is removing the private password. If it detects that its been removed you can then tell it what actions to take such as notify you, or even go ahead and disable the server + notify you, etc.

Archived