AA Lan server keeps shutting down.

Variable

I am hosting a lan server for a custom mapping site but it wont stay up. seems to shut down after all players disconnect. runs fine while players are in it but shuts down when empty. I have gone over the ini file and everything is setup right so I would appreciate any thought s on how to keep this server up and running.

Are you using the LAN instead of global in the command line?

AA LAN mode auto resets the port to i belive 7771 or close tothat.

Are you checking to see if its running in TCAdmin or elsewhere? TCAdmin wont pick up if its running a custom map (atleast it doesnt for me) and it says "server offline" but you could still go join it.

try running it in global. Just make a cusotm command line with the map name. Theres really no need to run it in LAN anymore since 2.8+ with the user created maps. You will jsut have to add it into the tours.ini.

NOTE** it will be "Unauthorized" status but you still play it.

ok none of that helps. it keeps shutting down. if i go in and start the server from the runserver.bat (bypassing the panel) it runs just fine. but when starting it with the panel it will not stay up on a custom map. what i was wondering is can i point to the runserver.bat in the command line and still have it run properly. and when it gets restarted will that work properly without causing problems.

ok bat file doesnt work. it starts the server but you can't join it. we got this configuration to work flawlessly by manually starting the runserver.bat. but when trying to run a server using custom maps thru the TCAdmin panel it will not stay running. its good for about 5-10 minutes and then just shuts down. so i have narrowed it down to an Admin panel problem and not a problem within the server configuration. If anyone knows a way to get server up in LAN mode thru the panel it would be greatly appreciated.

I've also been working with Variable and TAZ73 on this issue and no combination or iteration of commands or exclusions of commands seems to work with AA and LAN mode. If someone wants to post a working setup it would be appreciated. As it stands now I can verify that this instance of TCADMIN will not run an AA server in LAN mode (and stay active for more than 9 minutes regardless of map being official or not. Also, there are reasons for running servers in LAN mode vs GLOBAL mode other than for bypassing auth purposes......so running in GLOBAL is not an alternative in this instance.

ok bat file doesnt work. it starts the server but you can't join it. we got this configuration to work flawlessly by manually starting the runserver.bat. but when trying to run a server using custom maps thru the TCAdmin panel it will not stay running. its good for about 5-10 minutes and then just shuts down. so i have narrowed it down to an Admin panel problem and not a problem within the server configuration. If anyone knows a way to get server up in LAN mode thru the panel it would be greatly appreciated.

reason it shuts down is that TCadmin polls it about at the 5-10 min mark, shuts and down and tries to restart it.-, because it looks for the game to be on port 1717 and when in lan mode it's on port 7778...

then it becomes a never ending loop if not carefull..

so if i go into the settings in the TCAdmin and change the query port from 1717 to 7778 will that fix the problem? And swish i got the email but the was no file attached to it. Can you resend it. or try sending it to taz73_ha2msn.com or both. thanks for the help.

Archived