Cannot get new install to run

tcngs

I created a new CSS server, I have dozens of them running on differen servers. For some reason though this server will not start,

In the Event Viewer under Aplications it gives this error every 5 seconds

Cannot process request because the process (3160) has exited.

Under the Event Viewer for System it gives these 3 messages over and over

1st - The SherryOchs AFGSERV.COM CSS 75 tic 10 slots TC64641144556726586345821 service entered the running state.

2nd - The SherryOchs AFGSERV.COM CSS 75 tic 10 slots TC64641144556726586345821 service was successfully sent a stop control.

3rd - The SherryOchs AFGSERV.COM CSS 75 tic 10 slots TC64641144556726586345821 service entered the stopped state.

I have deleted the server and recreated it and also have recreated it on a different server. Does the same thing.

Sorry I did not put that in this post, I have tired that and it does not run at all. If you are watching task manager when I try to launch it from the command line, you will see the srcds.exe for that server come up for just a second then disapear, but nothing ever runs. No console so nothing

Ok I have redownloaded the css files and it is not workig either, also I changed the starting map for another customer through the command line editor and it is now doing the same thing. Surely I am just missing something, cannot figure out what is going on

As stated in your ticket. It sounds like a virus. I seem to recall someone having the same issue a while back and it was due to a virus on their server.

If you run the game from the commandline it should say something like scrds.exe is not a valid win32 application or something similar. If it does, then it is a virus.

No I dont get anything when I run the srcds.exe form the command line, this server has several other CSS servers on it. I even moved it to another server running CSS servers. I also tried just deleting the person all together and installing them like they where new again same thing. It just shows in the event viewer what I stated at the top

Ok check this out, if I go into a command prompt and type the command line that is in the services section in the game panel it will run the game, but if I copt the line from the services section and past it on the command prompt it will not load.

And to get it to work again I have to open a new command line through start run and re type it back in there. And if I try to start it through the game panel it does this thing again where it does not load and gives the errors that are in the event viewer

Archived