Hacking servers

tcngs

I have had a couple of customer tell me basicaly the same story about thier server being hacked. Some one will come into the server and say that they are going to bring down the server with a connection interuption error. Then a few seconds later it will happen, the users have changed the rcon passwords to try to stop this but it will continue to happen.

Any ideas as to what the people are running and if there is anything I can do on my servers to help prevent this?

I have had a couple of customer tell me basicaly the same story about thier server being hacked. Some one will come into the server and say that they are going to bring down the server with a connection interuption error. Then a few seconds later it will happen, the users have changed the rcon passwords to try to stop this but it will continue to happen.

Any ideas as to what the people are running and if there is anything I can do on my servers to help prevent this?

What there doing is using a program to flood the game server with bogus connections this eventually overwhelms the server and it restarts the service. You can find the program online freely available.

Archived