Request: Halo 2 VISTA

leetservers

I'm still in the process of getting the game installed properly, problem is there are two files that run the server. One that actually runs it, and another that accepts admin commands. I'm not sure if the latter is needed and if it is how to integrate with TCAdmin. Ill definitely have it setup by tomorrow and have it shared on here as soon as I get a working version.

As I understand it, one license should cover all your servers, I hope. Just remeber that in addition to having the server installed if people on windows live want to play on it you also have to have your machine connected to gamesforwindows.com (microsofts pc version of xbox live). You also have to have a gold or silver live account (BS in my opinion, MS makes so much money already and all we do is create more demand for their game by renting out servers to people, not actually playing on live or their game). Its all confusing and not alot of support out there so if anyone else knows anything please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm still in the process of getting the game installed properly, problem is there are two files that run the server. One that actually runs it, and another that accepts admin commands. I'm not sure if the latter is needed and if it is how to integrate with TCAdmin. Ill definitely have it setup by tomorrow and have it shared on here as soon as I get a working version.

As I understand it, one license should cover all your servers, I hope. Just remeber that in addition to having the server installed if people on windows live want to play on it you also have to have your machine connected to gamesforwindows.com (microsofts pc version of xbox live). You also have to have a gold or silver live account (BS in my opinion, MS makes so much money already and all we do is create more demand for their game by renting out servers to people, not actually playing on live or their game). Its all confusing and not alot of support out there so if anyone else knows anything please correct me if I'm wrong.

That helps alot, thanks. I'm astounded by the lack of support they offer for their product (I've been searching for days and have found next to nothing other than this)

Guess what? You need a xbox live account for each server instance you create, that is crap. I found a great link to show how to setup the servers, we are going to have to work together on this for TCAdmin to monitor it ect... You do need the two programs, it seems like one sets up the server, and the other does the administrative stuff for the server.

http://forums.haloonwindowsvista.com/forums/thread/1267.aspx

We have a couple servers running on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 with the Halo 2 DS update, but the hoops that we've had to jump through to get this going makes this game a bear to support with it's current format.

You can get free silver live accounts, and you can "re-use" the key - we are still waiting for a reply from our Microsoft contact to determine the issues with that (beware)....... inserting Registry keys and re-registering DLLs are required.

The #1 issue is the inconsistency with staying connected to LIVE - sometimes the server will connect - other times it will not. Blink and it's back....

I'm trying to replicate the install on a new box and see if I can create a fresh install and automate the registery/dll portion and then....pray.....

More to come.

does the update fix the problem with connecting to live? Right now my test install won't even connect to live properly.

No I don't have a cfg yet, I'm just testing to figure out how to make the directory and all files etc...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use