Ip changed, Easy update?

franky500

Hi, One of my Remotes i have moved and changed the IP, It all works fine,

However i was wondering if there is an easy way to update the Game Servers Ip's to the new one without having to individually go into each ones service settings and changing it there.. as currently they still show the Old IP.

Thanks

Hi

I have just done this some of our servers

once you update the IP on the TCA remote, then click on the settings of the service and change the IP to the new one from the drop down box

if the IP is set in the config files you might need to update the configs

Regards

David

Hi

I have just done this some of our servers

once you update the IP on the TCA remote, then click on the settings of the service and change the IP to the new one from the drop down box

if the IP is set in the config files you might need to update the configs

Regards

David

Thankyou for the quick reply, However i was looking for an alternative way , as in to update them all in one go rather than doing them one at a time.

Thanks anyhow david.

Okay, well, this is how I just moved about 60 servers... took me 20 hours (although I was doing everything including web and billing) just because I throughly cocked up and got some server configs mixed up which meant I had to undo it all. The longest and most difficult part by far was recreating the Services for each game, because it would take 12 or so seconds to load for that service page, then you have to save it.

Anyway ->

Step 1. Add the new IPs to the NICs

Step 2. Remove the old IPs from the NICs

Step 3. Reconfigure the master server monitor.config

Step 4. Log in to each an every one of your remotes and redownload the specific monitor.config then check to make sure there isnt a problem. (This is where I hit a hitch also because I didnt configure the Subnet correctly on one of the remotes and took a while to figure that out)

Step 5. Log in to MySQL and do a simple "UPDATE `tc_services` set server_ip = 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' where server_ip = 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' for each and every new IP. - This assumes that you have enough new IPs to mirror and match every old IP. You can do this cause it means that your ports will then match the old ones.

Step 6. Update all of the server IPs. This is the `tc_server_ips` table. You run exactly the same query as above, but I recommend you not doing this and doing it manually through the TCAdmin control panel. This is because you may be forcing IPs that dont actually exist and you can seriously mess up things for the future if you add something incorrectly. Th best thing to do, is to delete each and every IP from the Configured IPs, then press the Import button.

Step 7. Go through each and every Custom command line in the `tc_services` table, because if you have set a custom command line then it will overwrite the new one which you have made. Which will mean all the IPs may be wrong.

Step 8. Check games which use configs for setting the IP, ie BF2.. but for the most part this isnt neccessary cause only a handful of games set the IP in the config.

Step 8. Log into each server and run the utility in the default TC Program File to remove all the old services. Its called removeservices.exe or something to that effect.

Step 9. Now you have to recreate each server. If there is an easy way of doing this step you will save yourself about 1-2 minutes per every game server. You have to, click on the game server, click Service Settings, then Save, then start up the server. Then this is completed, you will then need to check that the server is running through the administration page, cause its likely something may have gone wrong, out of all the servers, there were about 10 problems, some of which I never fixed and just had to reinstall the whole server. No idea what was wrong but some just wouldnt work.

Thats it.

Theres no easy way really cause it involves a lot of manual configuration. Ideally, 2 new features would be great which I have learnt from doing this.

1. Reinstall Configuration. {

This would include > Basically exactly the same as a full serve reinstall, but instead of reinstalling the files, it just reinstalls the server config. ie, with BF2, reinstall the core and the maps and serversettings files. }

2. Recreate the Service Settings (possibly already available?) It was a little painful and very tedious doing this manually.

As for teamspeak, you dont really have to worry all that much, cause you just need to update the hostname (on tcadmin) and your server.ini on the teamspeak server.

Let me know if this helps anyone :)

Archived