whmcs

gmadmin

I would rather use whmcs over modern bill. Call it a personal preference but to me modern bill is MODERN HELL! As soon as Im done with my swat 4 quest, I will start posting my findings on whmcs. Thats assuming I dont steal too much bread from people. However for guy like me you can keep it, I will take the cracker crumbs any day!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jardin_101

Hey gmadmin, i agree with you, modernbill looks complicated like sh*t, but whmcs is alot better for us.

Was so happy with the panel that i bought the one time licence fee :)

Auto setup works great, fast and flawless! For example, as soon as they pay for TeamSpeak, it is setup within 5 seconds!

One addition I recommended is multiple datacenter option in there system. They are going to make it happen as soon as they are done with the new version.

The only issue is tracking your existing MB customer in their system. You may have to update all your customers invoices. New customers, no problems!

I have automated setup nearly working. However, when I go to Pending Auto Setups, and try to process it, I get an error that the game server locaton couldn't be found (fearserver.exe i'm assuming). But, when I create the game manually with the admin login it works just fine.

If someone knows of a solution please let me know. In the meantime, I will be trying to fix it.

Assuming that your settings in TCA are all correct, you only have to configure in WHMCS:

Manage Servers:

Select: Tcadmin

Admin Account in your TCA:

Username:

Password:

Then, under Products & Services...

1. Create a New Group: Name of Game or Vioce...

2. Create New Product.

Make sure the Game or Voice ID is correct and Datacenter ID be must inserted for automation to work.

That should be it.

TCAdmin side:

1. Admin Home > System Settings > Plugins > Automation Configuration

Make sure that Billing API Settings is enabled

2. Admin Home > System Settings > Servers > Server Details

Billing API settings. Make sure you Allow Signups and the game you want installed in that server are selected.

I would .zip or .rar the whole game file and place it outside the folder of that game.

For example:

Game Files

AA

AA28

BF2

CS

CSS

DOD

FEAR

AA.zip

AA28.zip

BF2.zip

CS.zip

CSS.zip

DOD.zip

FEAR.zip

You get the picture? Keep all the unzipped files in their folders and as soon as they are zipped, place them outside.

Okay, I have done that. It is almost working except for a few issues that are preventing complete automatic setup.

I have to go into Pending Auto Setups and select Process (Advanced). Once in there, there is two options in the drop down for Server:, the first is a blank (not sure why), and the second is Master Server. Also, the RCON Password doesn't seem to be sending, or it could be that because of that blank option the RCON Password "option/field" is disabled and so it is never received.

But after I manually select the Master Server option and enter a RCON Password it sets the server up just fine.

Submit a ticket. Your settings in TCAdmin are not correct. The way you have it now is that your customers will get an email to complete the setup. There they can input rcon password and whatever is necessary to build the game. If you want it complete automatic and skip this portion, you'll have to look at your settings mentioned above.

Also...

Make sure this is set to allow signups:

Admin Home > System Settings > Servers > Server Details

What do you mean? I thought that your billing system communicates with TCA.

Make sure you have the correct datacenter id:

Admin Home > System Settings > Datacenters

This is where you can find the game id:

Admin Home > System Settings > Supported Games

If you're asking for WHMCS to auto detect the game IDs and datacenter IDs, then you're out of luck. I'm sure they'll have it. You'll have to request it. If there is enough that wants it then it will happen. However, it's not so bad having to insert it for now. You'll only have to do once.

It does, I guess I am just confusing things. Haven't had much sleep.

But, I did notice this in the TCAdmin logs.

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Accepting connection.

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Action: AddPendingSetup

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : User Email: xxxx@xxxx.com

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : User Billing ID: 9

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Game ID: TC8545518612557

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Game Package Billing ID: 9

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : VOICE ID:

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Voice Package Billing ID: 9

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Check if user exists with billing id: 9

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : GetUserByBillingID returned the response.

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : User with billing id 9 not found.

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Generating new user id...

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Generated new user id: venomous

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Saving user...

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Created user: venomous

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Generating pending setup id...

7/10/2007 11:58:10 PM : Generated pending setup id: TC18212838288145624784622

7/10/2007 11:58:12 PM : Sent autosetup email: True

7/10/2007 11:58:12 PM : Finished processing request

Archived