Could you plase suggest when using and for which games type the two option

Low memory usage and priority

For example Heavy games like

NWN

AVP

Vietcong

Ghost Recon

Swat

you suggest for heavy game use lo memory or not ? and Priority ?

Could me explain in few words the best way and game for use this setting ?

Thanks in advance

you should set the priority the same on all game servers on that server. If you don't a higher priority might affect the lower priority servers.

Use low memory when you are running out of memory on that server, but be carefull because in some cases it might cause lag on the game servers.

sorry probabily my question is confused......

I have some machine running multiple game server and some GAME use a lot of processor.

For example if on a machine I have 4 CSS server and 1 swat server (or similar heavy "for the processor" games like Vietcong, Ghost Recon, and so on)

Is correct set the Heavy game to low priority ?

and I have to set all servers to low priority or only the Heavy games ?

Thanks

thanks for your fast answer as usual

but I ask again sorry so when a GSP have a machine with game the use much processo creating problem to others game on the some machine.

You suggest or not using this two option (low memory and low priority? )

Ah sorry, setting a server to low priority means it is given less processing time to complete tasks. Although this will mean other servers have slightly more time to process the low priority server will most likely suffer some lag.

The same applies if you set one or two servers to high priority, the lower priority servers will suffer, windows can also become a little unstable if you have a few high priority processes running.

In short, theres no easy way to share processing time and ram between lots of processes which need lots of both, so playing around with the values and finding a nice balance is about the best i could suggest.

Archived