I need some help =p

I was in the middle of testing a game server on this box, when I was monitoring the status of the ping. Each time it would timeout for approx. a few seconds, and then resume ping again.

I then checked the cpu usage each time the server would timeout, and seen that the CPU would spike each timeout, and then resume at 0 after the timeout, sort of like a hiccup.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,

Andrew

I was in the middle of testing a game server on this box, when I was monitoring the status of the ping. Each time it would timeout for approx. a few seconds, and then resume ping again.

I then checked the cpu usage each time the server would timeout, and seen that the CPU would spike each timeout, and then resume at 0 after the timeout, sort of like a hiccup.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,

Andrew

how many cpu do you have? is it dual?

Yes it is dual, I was thinking it was some sort of Network Issue... Maybe a choke somewhere on there switch... Might be overloaded actually It's not going to be my final choice anyway, I'm going to move on to a different company soon.

Thanks for the help guys =)

Thanks,

Andrew

Try updating your network card drivers, and check with your datacenter on what they set the switch port to. We have seen people in the past that have had connection problems due to incorrect port settings between the nic card and the switch.

Archived