Can't upload via File Manager

mgresham

Any upload I attempt via the File Manager just ends up saying "Connection Timed Out" a few seconds after clicking "Upload". What services and ports have to be running and open in order for the File Manager to work? The server is running 2K3 and IIS.

Ok after searching thru the forums I found an unrelated post that suggested monitorservice.exe needed access so I granted it and it resolved my problems.

So my question is now...am I missing this information in a manual or FAQ somewhere? Because the resolution was pretty simple and actually every post I've ever made has ended up having a pretty simple fix, but it requires some out-of-the-box searching to find the answer here in the forums.

I like figuring things out on my own because I've learned a great deal, but I just wish I didn't waste so much time looking in the wrong places. Is there no intention of finishing the current online manual? I saw some comments that said it was put on hold until the new version comes out, is that still the case?

• 4 years later...
Ok after searching thru the forums I found an unrelated post that suggested monitorservice.exe needed access so I granted it and it resolved my problems.

So my question is now...am I missing this information in a manual or FAQ somewhere? Because the resolution was pretty simple and actually every post I've ever made has ended up having a pretty simple fix, but it requires some out-of-the-box searching to find the answer here in the forums.

I like figuring things out on my own because I've learned a great deal, but I just wish I didn't waste so much time looking in the wrong places. Is there no intention of finishing the current online manual? I saw some comments that said it was put on hold until the new version comes out, is that still the case?

Needed access to what? Permissions? I'm having this same issue.

Archived