Checking In

I have another question.

I am creating custom text fields for the order page so users can enter their server hostname, private pass, rcon pass etc....

how can I get this infomation to populate into the clientexec tcadmin package attributes so it can be used when the server is automatically created ?

the fields in interested in is:

game_hostname:

game_rcon_password:

game_private_password:

voice_hostname:

voice_rcon_password:

voice_private_password:

Jus browsing the forums looks like this question has been asked already.

anyone ?

perfect thanks guys, at least we know its being looked at. I guess we need to just use generic values for the time being and have customers change when their server is created.

thanks again,, can you please update us in this thread when this is completed :)

Doug in bug id 1227 I noticed 1 value missing.

game_datacenter

when the customer chooses his datacenter this value should also be passed on to tcadmin in the form of datacenter id

What does the Location customer field: do in admin -> servers

game_datacenter is NOT a text field that is typed in like any of the others. It can be set by way of a drop down.

correct but my question was how we can make the user choose this option to automatically provision the server in the correct data center.

example:

I added the drop down options in admin -> custom fields -> drop down

I also see an option under admin -> servers -> Location custom field

Under that section I have Toronto (Tcadmin DCID),Dallas (Tcadmin DCID)

Im guessing i then have to create custom drop down field for the customer to choose from ?

is this possible ?

I did it on the product-addons.....

It is my understanding in 3.02 that you only have 2 values that can be passed from the custom fields, TCA username, TCA password and server location. Then in the server plugin, you put in it the names you called these in the custom fields area.

Again, I am not using CE yet, just testing it, waiting on a glitch with pro-rated billing to be fixed that supposedly made it into 3.1 No one else ever found this glitch, but I stumbled across it in my testing. There are a few others here that are MUCH more familiar with CE than I am.

My take on the present way CE works with TCA is that it is good if you want the customer sent to TCA to finish the setup of their server by entering in these other items, but I prefer the full automation of the setup. The way I have MB set is that the order is not set up until it is manually approved and then released.

I would prefer that you be able to put all the variables in either the product add-on or in the custom fields. As it is now, the variables are spread among the 2 and not very efficient or aesthetically pleasing on the order form. That could be remedied by making a text field allowable in the add-on area.

Archived