Checking In

Hey guys, hopefully some of you have been able to take advantage of the tcadmin integration in the latest release of CE.

If you have any questions, have found any bugs, or have any comments, feel free to post them here.

I will try my best to answer any questions.

--Brad

• 3 weeks later...

When you want to have multiple datacenters selectable, how do you do that with the integration? I'd just assume you'd have a custom profile set up and then you'd enter that variable name into the datacenter_id field... but it isn't working for me (Say you named it Datacenter, if you put Datacenter into the datacenter_id it just returns "Datacenter", not the actual value chosen)? Or am I doing something wrong?

There is two ways to set which datacenter to use in the server setup.

You can either assign the id in the package attributes, or as a custom variable.

Now if set in the package attributes, you can not have the user choose the datacenter, so this would only be used if you have a static datacenter set for a certain package.

So I will assume you need the user to be able to choose the datacenter.

-Go to Admin Then Package Types

-Select the radio button next to your package

-Select the specific package name at the bottom

-Scroll down to Package Add-ons and click Add New

-For Name choose whatever you want. For Plugin variable choose "Custom Variable" Then enter "game_datacenter" in the field.

-Lastly for Price detail enter the name of the location, and for Plugin var value enter the datacenter id.

Thats all you need to do, and now when users select their chosen location it will setup the server at the specified datacenter.

Let me know if you have any issues with it.

--Brad

System Settings>Plugin Manager>Game Server Automation

You want to fill in the "New User Email Template (Auto Setup)"

Be sure to use the "Auto Setup Link" variable in the email. That is what the user will click to get to the server setup page.

Okay, if we set the "skip_setup_page" to 1, how do we pass RCON and hostname from the billing to tcadmin? It doesn't seem to be able to do a custom profile, and I don't think there is an option for text for a plugin var?

Maybe i'm not understanding how to do this. If you do it the same way as the location... the location is a drop down menu, you aren't able to write anything? If you do it as a custom variable, you can not set a plugin-variable can you?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue with this as well. I use to get a text code error. Now I went in and followed the instructions. And there is no error now.

I am trying to place an order via myself with a FREE coupon code and having the CronJob activate it for me. Is this possible to do to see if it works or can I manually activate the account ?

The variables are:

game_rcon_password

game_private_password

Use the exact same method as the location. You can either set them in the package attributes or as a custom variable.

I believe he is talking about the plugin var value, where location has an actual datacenter ID to enter, he (and I) are wondering what you would enter for the plugin var value for game_hostname, game_rconpassword, etc.

• 3 months later...

I have a couple questions.

I notice most companies that integrate clientexec and tcadmin have pre selected packages without user having to enter slot count.

Is there a way I can just have 1 package for example cs 1.6 , user enters slot count or picks from a drop down menu then clientexec takes this dynamic value and passes it on to tcadmin for server creation ?

Is there the same option for a user to choose a 550fps server instead of default 300fps. in tcadmin I have created 2 game configuration profiles so i would just need clientexec to pass this information on

Is there a way I can just have 1 package for example cs 1.6 , user enters slot count or picks from a drop down menu then clientexec takes this dynamic value and passes it on to tcadmin for server creation ?

Of course. We list the base package (ie: Counter Strike) and then there is a drop down to select how many slots they want. it lists the price next to each count. This is handeled by "Add-Ons" in clientexec.

Is there the same option for a user to choose a 550fps server instead of default 300fps. in tcadmin I have created 2 game configuration profiles so i would just need clientexec to pass this information on

Again this can be an addon and it would just send a diffrent game ID. ;)

Of course. We list the base package (ie: Counter Strike) and then there is a drop down to select how many slots they want. it lists the price next to each count. This is handeled by "Add-Ons" in clientexec.

Again this can be an addon and it would just send a diffrent game ID. ;)

thanks swish its working nice. btw im John who posted in clientexec forums :)

Archived