Rainbow Six : Vegas

Guest jardin_101

I have one but there is a wonderful bug where only 1 person can join a server at a time (read about it in UBI's forums before I tried to create a server). I created the server exactly as they said, a friend joined the server and I tried to join and it says connection failed. Not sure if dedicated server are even a possibility with this patch. I will cruise the UBI forums for a fix.

Another thing is the command line needs to be different for every single user so you will have to do the overwrite default command line.

Also requires 2 files from a local install

C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_31.dll

C:\Windows\system32\xinput1_3.dll

I assume these are directx9 files. In conclusion it is a horrible effort of dedicated server files.

Guest jardin_101

ok, sounds good Vet. Will you be able to give me your instructions to get it working if you need certain files like .ini files.

Rgds

J

vetwebhosting, The issue your having with only one player being able to join is from either a bad commandline or something in one of your configs.

RB6Vegas is a challenge to configure and run as you have already noticed. If you want to shoot me an email I'd be happy to give you a hand.

I'm aware of the customer your referring to. We reconfigured the server for them to work with the update, The information they provided on the ubi forums is 1/2 correct. They have no access to change which .exe or config gets loaded and mistakenly assumed their fix corrected the problem. In reality we did a minor edit on the commandline to use the right variables and it worked fine.

The new .ini works just fine also. The old and new ones are pretty much the same, The only difference is the new config has notes next to each setting explaining what each does. If you take a close look you will see nothing has changed.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use