Modernbill v5?

datguru

Sorry to bring this up again, but its been a few months since I saw a post on v5...Was wondering are you planning anything yet for this version? I currently run plesk with modernbill, but want to upgrade to v8.1 of plesk but it requires me to upgrade modernbill which I can't because TCAdmin only works with modernbill v4. The last post stated that you thought modernbill was too buggy but it seems to have cleared up now no?

Ok....so you say its buggy....but do you have a timeframe when you could create the module for it? I mean....i just found out the other day with mb4 they took out the option of child packages, which means I can't even add hosting with my game servers in one package! That sucks....so V5 is a must have! lol So an ETA or something? I mean at what stage do you class mb v5 as "not being buggy"?

Thanks

Sam

Then could they not just make a module for it? and then say we now support MB v5? It might be buggy but that will be fixed in time....updates are coming out all the time for mb. From all the replies I have seen they seem short and to the point like no one wants to go into much detail....

IF TCA would release a new module and it has problems, would it be MB or TCA's fault? True I would like a MB5 module too, BUT, MB5 is still not ready afer supposedly being "stable" for over a year. If there is problems with TCAdmin's module, it could reflect negatively on TCA and I do not blame them in the least for not releasing their MB5 module yet. I used to really like MB, but I find my self considering other options quite often now. MB5 does have great potential and it has made great strides recently, but it is still not ready for use in a live environment. My guess is that TCA's module is close to being ready, but they are waiting for MB5 to become 'production' ready.

MB5 isnt perfect yet but it isnt as bad as everyone claims for it to be. I am wondering how many users are jumping on the band wagon of flaming MB when they proberly only use 5.0 beta rather than the newer versions or even cvs. How many people thought it was rubbish but it was just too complex for them?

The jump from 5.0 to 5.2 was a big jump in concern to improvements. While it does have a quite a bit further to go, I do think it might be time for tcadmin to consider there support for the newer version. With the new changes to credit card processing within the UK making the v4 MB now dead in the water we are now beginning to find out selves physically screwed because v5 supports the new card schemes required by UK banks yet TCAdmin isnt fully supported. Just to add someone says Oh this billing system also supports tcadmin and protx.... my reply is

A) Why should I change? Ive paid for outright 2500 client system (unlike alot of people here who pay on a monthly basis), why should I change to someone else?

B) Try moving that many users across. Its not an easy move at all!

Just imho.

-Chris

Chis,

I agree MB 5.2 is getting close......this is what the original beta for v5 should have been like in my opinion. If the next release is as big of an improvement as 5.2 was, it should be about ready for use :) I have just been a bit disappointed in how long it has been since the 1st v5 beta was released and still it is not quite there yet..... I also have an owned license and have a bit of work to do to get my packages and customers converted over for it.

Funny how the people that complain the most about software not working properly are usually the same ones screaming for a new version to be released :( I think that if I was developing an update to a software package, I would keep my moth shut about it until it is about ready to go :)

Archived