Paypal SUbscription payments + mb

Todd Holley

I set up mb to only allow people to pay via subscriptions which worked well for the first month.

Example: Person creates subscription on invoice #1300

The next month mb creates invoice #1412 for them to pay

The subscription is sent to paypal for invoice #1300 and mb recognizes #1412 as not payed for.

That seems to be what is happening to me. I have completely removed subscription payments now. Is this just happening to me? I like the idea of just subscription payments, but not when I get payment and the server is still being deleted. :(

edit: I have since tried my luck with modern bill support, we will see how it goes. This problem seems to be sort of common in the community forums.

Modernbill support is so/so and I still have no response. I checked the forums and the most common problem was updating to the latest Paypal gateway. I do have the latest version, and the other suggestion was the paypal IPN, which I also have configured correctly.

Awaiting modernbill's response to my ticket in the meantime. :(

I was going to suggest a problem with the API. It sounds like it's not making the call back and updating mb when a payment is made. Possibly it's configured incorrectly or the ip/address is not allowed through? (firewall?)

Can you run a transaction in debug mode and see what's happening?

I was going to suggest a problem with the API. It sounds like it's not making the call back and updating mb when a payment is made. Possibly it's configured incorrectly or the ip/address is not allowed through? (firewall?)

Can you run a transaction in debug mode and see what's happening?

I haven't tried running it in debug mode, but the first payment works fine in the subscription, just not the ones after that. MB is on it now, first time I have had a ticket answered by this one.

Archived