How to update AA to new patch 2.8.2?

vinc718

Can someone shed some light on how to update my 6 AA game servers to the latest patch?

I know tcadmin is capable of doing things for you, but I'm not familiar with these features.

This is how I am currently doing the updates:

Install full game on master server, copy all the new files into each of the 6 userfile folders. Restart game server.

Is this correct??

If you only have 6 servers that should be fine doing it that way. Just remember not to overwrite any server configuration files.

If you have more you would want to use the updategenerator tool. You can find info on it in the manaul. It creates a zip or rar of the changed or added files that can be placed in the TCA.Patches folder and you can update them in a batch.

• 1 month later...

Depends on what type of file you have. If it is an exe then read the manual on how to use the updategenerator tool. If it is simply a zip file you can place it in C:\GameInsalls\<gamename>\TCA.PATCHES and then publish the patch in the games config.

Archived