Roc Mod launch for SOF2 help pls...

mijjim

Hi all,

Ok, so far the only way I can get SOF2 to launch, is adding this to the very end of the command line "+exec server.cfg" or the game server won't launch.

I've installed Roc Mod into TCadmin by instructions from TCadmin, and RocMod won't launch. I've added the "+set fs_game rocmod" to the end of the command line, middle of it and rearranged it a few times in different spots, added the "exec roc_mod.cfg on the server.cfg file, hoping it would set the game server to roc mod and load up, but still won't load.

I've reinstalled SOF2, and re-added default command line "+set net_noipx 1 +set dedicated 2 +set net_port %serverport% +set sv_pure 0 +set com_hunkmegs 32 +set net_ip %serverip% +set maxclients %slots% " and it does not load game, does not assign proper slots #'s, does not launch game, but adding the "exec server.cfg" on command line loads server up, but Roc Mod doesn't load.

I've reinstalled Roc Mod , went thru just about all the command line, pasted the roc_mod.cfg file in Mods section of TCadmin. Whew, sweating now from all this thinking...LOL:grin:

Does anyone have SOF2 running? correctly with Game Automation in TCadmin, and have Roc Mod installed and working??? if so, could I Please ask for some advice on this game config/setting? I do REALLY appreciate EVERYONE who posts in the forums helping one another, very awsome.

Well, hoping to hear from someone with some advice...

Have a Great Day/Night,

Jimmy M

Here are the directions taken right from their site:

Installation

-------------------

Installation for Servers:

1. Download the ROCmod server zip either from http://rocmod.rocclan.com or

http://www.sof2files.com

2. Unzip the entire contents to your server's SOF2 folder (this will create

a "rocmod" folder within the SOF2 folder)

3. Add +set fs_game rocmod to your command line (startup script or batch file)

4. Run your server!

If it is not working you should be contacting the mod maker not us.

Thank You all...

seriously... This forums is pretty awsome, as far as the community activity amongst everyone here. I didn't mean no disrespect, just didn't think no-one had this game installed and configured.

Have a Great Day/Night everyone.

Jimmy M

• 2 weeks later...

I had a hell of a time trying to get sof2 going, one thing you might want to try is "+map mp_kam3" in the command line. Most of the time it wouldn't run if a map wasn't set. Also the roc config isn't in the default folder, when I setup my OSP server my command line ended up like this...

"+set fs_game osp +exec configs/osp_ctf_pub.cfg +exec configs/osp_extracommands.cfg +sv_mapcycle configs/tdm.mapcycle +map mp_kam3 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set sv_pure 1"

I played the game for about 4 years, but now that it's been dead a few years I'm pretty rusty with the correct way to set it up. My current way isn't as good as I used to setup my servers, but I got it working with OSP.

• 3 months later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use